Marshall JTM60 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JTM60 opinions

Found a new in the box 95 JTM-60 never been sold just sitting in a shop.
    Its a 2X12 combo with the heritage speakers anyone have opinions on these?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Probably already pre-blown up!

Seriously - I had one for years.

Short story - brought one home brand new in 97 from Sam Ash. Blew up within 15 minutes. Took it back, got another one. Blew up in a couple of days. Got a third one, blew up. Had it repaired under warranty - not sure what was actually repaired on it (tranny, I assume). Had that one for 10 years. Eventually, it started farting out. Traded it for a flight case. I beleive the new owner had the tranny replaced and its up and running again.

First - they were budget amps. I think mine was $500 in 97.

Second - sounded awesome - great Marshall roar. About what you get out of an JCM 900 and it had a really nice clean channel.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Good to know these are not a good one to buy.Thanks you for saving me from wasting money
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a later version of this, the JCM 600, that I always thought sounded great. The JTM models sometimes have heat issues, you just need to keep them well ventilated. The bad rep tends to keep their prices down but mine would still be #1 if I hadn't bought a Mesa F100. Poor little guy got upstaged but it still comes to every gig just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Probably already pre-blown up!

Seriously - I had one for years.

Short story - brought one home brand new in 97 from Sam Ash. Blew up within 15 minutes. Took it back, got another one. Blew up in a couple of days. Got a third one, blew up. Had it repaired under warranty - not sure what was actually repaired on it (tranny, I assume). Had that one for 10 years. Eventually, it started farting out. Traded it for a flight case. I beleive the new owner had the tranny replaced and its up and running again.

First - they were budget amps. I think mine was $500 in 97.

Second - sounded awesome - great Marshall roar. About what you get out of an JCM 900 and it had a really nice clean channel.
          Interesting experience. Vintage Guitar mag had an article about these and the JTM30 as good sleeper amps as they didn't sell too well when new...now we know why! They did mention that overheating was a big issue. But 15 minutes til it blew up...sheesh!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
          X