FCB 1010 and V amp Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCB 1010 and V amp Pro

I've had the V amp Pro since Xmas and love it. My wife just grabbed me a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller because she heard me mention it a while back that it supposedly works really well with the V amp Pro. I just toook it out of the box and came to the realization.....I have no idea how to hook this thing up. I use the V amp Pro with my computer via a midi/USB cable, but I am not sure how I will do that and incorporate the FCB1010 into it. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Bill
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Usualy there is a Midi in-out, and you can daisy chain midi stuff.

Comment

so you're saying that i don't have to use the in/out in between two pieces of gear to just those two pieces of gear? I CAN add a third or fourth ...just have to get more midi cables to put it all together?
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

When all else fails, read the instructions....
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          so you're saying that i don't have to use the in/out in between two pieces of gear to just those two pieces of gear? I CAN add a third or fourth ...just have to get more midi cables to put it all together?
          I've never used Midi, but that's what I understand.

Those 5 pin cables should be able to be found at RadioShack. They used to be the cables to connect my Commodore 64 shit together. I have a bunch still.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            When all else fails, read the instructions....
            there's nothing in the instructions explaining how to hook up FCB101 to V amp Pro to computer....I've looked.

Comment

well take the footcontroller, plug the midi cable into the midi out of the pedal run the other end to the midi in on the vamp it should sync up with no programming unless you wanna start changing parameters and stuff. as far as going to a computer what type of interface are you using? or are you just trying to go into the mic input?

edit-oh yeah, one everything is powered on you have to press the first footswitch to connect them. after that you can select patch/pedal 2 or 3,etc.

Comment

there's nothing in the instructions explaining how to hook up FCB101 to V amp Pro to computer....I've looked.
                Well you're using the FCB as a controller to the Vamp, then the Vamp would go to the PC the same way it is now. The hookup of the FCB to the Vamp should be irrelevant to whether the computer is involv3d or not.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  Well you're using the FCB as a controller to the Vamp, then the Vamp would go to the PC the same way it is now. The hookup of the FCB to the Vamp should be irrelevant to whether the computer is involv3d or not.
                  My issue with it is the fact that there is only one midi in and one midi out port on the V amp, both of them being occupied when just using the computer, leaving no where to plug the FCB1010 into it. I had no idea that I would be able to basically loop all of the devices into a big circle.

Comment

My issue with it is the fact that there is only one midi in and one midi out port on the V amp, both of them being occupied when just using the computer, leaving no where to plug the FCB1010 into it. I had no idea that I would be able to basically loop all of the devices into a big circle.
                    Sorry, I misunderstood. I would think you'd plug the FCB into the midi in of the Vamp, and run the midi out to the computer, or just run into the mic input of your PC and select line level on the soundcard.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

so you're using both midi ports to hook up to your computer? I didn't think that would be necessary. I would have thought that you'd hook it up as jdr94 described:
                      FCB -> V-Amp midi in
                      and
                      V-Amp midi out -> computer
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        so you're using both midi ports to hook up to your computer? I didn't think that would be necessary. I would have thought that you'd hook it up as jdr94 described:
                        FCB -> V-Amp midi in
                        and

right you shouldnt need a midi coming in from your computer since all information sent should be from the vamp to the computer. the only time you'd need one coming in from the computer is for editing/programing/sequencing.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          FCB -> V-Amp midi in
                          and
                          I am using this gizmo here http://www.emu.com/products/product....&product=15188 ....thought i had to use both jacks...i did use both when it was just Vamp to computer and it worked awesome.

Comment

but did you NEED to use both to record from the vamp? try it with only the vamps midi out to the computer in and see if it records fine. if it does then just plug up the footcontroller and try it again. that should do it.

Comment

Right on! Thanx bro...works like a chahm! (That's Bostonese for "charm")

Comment

Working...
                              X