rivera k-tre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivera k-tre

After a failed excursion to an out of town GC today - two hours away - to look at two used amps they had listed where one turned up to be listed incorrectly and the other turned out to be a customers amp that was sent in for warranty work I decided to stop by the place I normally visit which was not another GC. I was complaining about the experience to a couple guys I know and one of the sales guys offered to cut me a deal on one of the amps they just got in. Normally they don't have many amps I like but he was being generous so I agreed to take a look at them anyway since I had already written off the entire day as a loss. We go over to the amp area and low and behold there sit a couple of brand new rivera's!! I've really wanted to try out a venus 5, venus 6, or a k-tre but haven't had the chance - and there sat a k-tre reverb combo. They didn't have any venus models but I tried out the fandango and the k-tre.

The k-tre really blew me away on the clean channel, it's one of the best clean channels I've heard yet and I don't mean of just high gain amps. The gain channel is great as well, very articulate and has an insane amount of gain on tap. It doesn't even need much tweaking of the eq, the voicing on this thing is really dialed in. It's crazy loud though, if it wasn't for the master volume effect loop feature there is no way this could be played at low volumes. The fandango was a pretty cool amp also. The clean was really close to the tre but I liked the gain channel on the tre a lot more.

So he gave me what I thought was a really good price on a new rivera and I ended up taking it home - which was no small feat in itself as this thing weighs a ton!! It's the heaviest amp I've ever lifted. I would have liked to try out a venus first but I couldn't pass up the deal on an amp that sounded that good. So - new amp day for me!

congrats!

Comment

very cool!! i love my riveras. you should be happy for many years to come. yes, the combos are heavy. i have a 1x12 rivera combo and it weighs about 100lbs....i HATE moving it, hahaha.....so i don't. it is my living room amp. i ended up buying 2 heads to use for gigging.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X