No announcement yet.

To the JCM users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys- I'll probably give all your suggestions and settings a whirl.

lhrocker- you nailed it! 35 an hour, great deal for the location and all the gear!

Comment

JCM 2000:

bass: 7ish
      middle: 4 to 6
      treble: 5ish

Pressence: roughly 5

Deep switch IN, and play around with the 'tone shift' its kinda cool

I'd go with the JCM 2000 stuff, you get modern AND vintage tone on tap, and multiple channels with multiple EQ's
      Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Both the Diezel and Shiva are kick ass and a half... going for totally different things... the shiva is good for blues, classic rock, straight up rock, punky stuff... anything but super brutal metal... thats what the Diezel is for!!
        Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

You are not going to get Slayer, Metallica and Maiden with a JCM800 unless you bring pedals. Since its studio time by the hour why mess with dialing in tones. Just plug into the 2000 and you will have enough gain for any of those bands.
          I agree, the JCM800 is great but it needs a push if you are going to handle those heavy tones. For ACDC, its perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            Thanks guys- I'll probably give all your suggestions and settings a whirl.

lhrocker- you nailed it! 35 an hour, great deal for the location and all the gear!
            Wow! At that price, I'm willing to pay just to get some face time with those amps! Do they they take money from regular folk in there to play?
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

take the 900. bass & mid on 10. treble and presence on 0 (yes thats right 0), gain to taste, volume loud as hell. you'll get crunch like you've never gotten before.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                You are not going to get Slayer, Metallica and Maiden with a JCM800 unless you bring pedals. Since its studio time by the hour why mess with dialing in tones. Just plug into the 2000 and you will have enough gain for any of those bands.
                I agree, the JCM800 is great but it needs a push if you are going to handle those heavy tones. For ACDC, its perfect.
                My 2210 has enough gain for Slayer, and more than enough for Maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam SE View Post
                  I doubt highly that they have a 2210. The 2210 has clipping diodes between the gain stages so its like having a built in stomp box. I had one. Great amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam SE View Post
                    Hmm, that last part is not really hard to achieve
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
                      Choosing anyone of those amps over the Diezel VH4 is like choosing a Toyota Tercel over a Dodge Viper that is the same price at a car rental.

Junk the Marshalls and use the Diezel or VHT.

Haha this ended up being exactly what happened.

The other guitarist came with a Jackson as well (Warbird paint style Dinky). The amps were set up on switchers, four to a group, on either side of the room. In my corner was the Diezel. On his side was all 3 Marshalls & the VHT (which seemed kind of silly). I went for the Diezel initially... took a matter of seconds to have it dialed in just nasty.

My buddy fiddled with everything for a while and just couldn't get to where the Diezel was. Not that he was an expert in doing so, but the Diezel was so noticably strong sounding that he finally said, "Hey is it your EMG's? Let me try it with mine." and never gave it back.

I ended up getting the VHT going pretty good in the end, but even the drummer and the singer, who is NOT a gear guy, heard the difference.

We had a blast for what its worth. No "serious" musicians in the room, but we can all play. Will be going regularly now. I'm pretty psyched. So much fun to play with humans again.

Thanks to all for your help- I printed out this thread and am going to fool with as many suggested combos as I can next time- This time I just wanted to get playing .

Comment

Cool story! Have fun and enjoy as much as you can.

> I'm pretty psyched. So much fun to play with humans again.

Absolutely right on this!

Rock on!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                        X