No announcement yet.

Good Overdrive Pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is Xotic effects interview with Andy Timmons of GIT. He's playing through a Mesa Boogie Lone Star. Very nice tones.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Fulltone OCD is what I use, run it thru the clean channel no muss no fuss hit the button and you get creamy OD.On the dirty channel wow it drives the amp nice and hard.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

http://protonepedals.com/?p=83
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Fulltone OCD is what I use, run it thru the clean channel no muss no fuss hit the button and you get creamy OD.On the dirty channel wow it drives the amp nice and hard.
          I just checked out some YouTube vids on that pedal... sounds very sweet!
          Someone did their homework on that unit.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

My favorite pedal is the Line6 "Uber Metal". Just an awesome sounding pedal and it doesnt thin out when you crank the volume of the amp like most pedals do(even the Metal Zone). Its also got an excellent built in noise gate.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
              I'm like Ibanez tube screamers. Any of em are good. Even the cheapo soundtank TS-5 I got for 35 bucks new is damn good. I also like the Boss SD-1 (yellow pedal).
              Also a Tube Screamer lover here! SD-1 also does a good job.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Wow. That Fulltone OCD pedal sounds pretty sweet based on a few youtube vids I checked out!

Anyone tried this one?

It's gotten pretty good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by skintaster View Post
                  Wow. That Fulltone OCD pedal sounds pretty sweet based on a few youtube vids I checked out!

Anyone tried this one?

It's gotten pretty good reviews.
                  There have been 4 slightly different versions of the OCD and somewhere on youtube there is a guy that demos all 4 versions next to eachother. Pretty cool actually. None of them sound bad but versions 1, 2, 3 sound better to me than 4 which is the currently produced version. As you might guess, v 1, 2, and 3 command more $ on E-Bay than v 4. Anyway, an OCD in front of a Marshall kicks some major butt!
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have the first version OCD and I love it.The drive is fat and creamy.With different amps it acts differently which is kinda cool doesn't color the the amp.

Comment

I have the first version OCD and I love it.The drive is fat and creamy.With different amps it acts differently which is kinda cool, doesn't color the the amp.
                      The full drive is a good one too if you can find the mosfet version try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                        For tube amps, you cannot beat a vintage tube screamer!! they are so fucking hot, the sound is pure sex, but as those are hard to come by, rothwell switchblade is SIC, as is the klon centaur (although seriously expensive), and the T-Rex Michael Angelo Batio Sig overdrive is suprisingly amazing sounding, great pedal.

I'd get the T-rex or Rothwell, probly two of the best modern pedals
                        +1
                        2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                        2007 DK2m White Bengal
                        88 Jackson limited edition
                        Charvel Preditor
                        PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                        Jackson DX10D
                        3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                        4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                        Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                        Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

I used a Boss SuperOverdrive (SD-1) in front of my 2203 since about 88 or so. Thats the only amp I used it for as my other amps have enough gain to begin with.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

DOD YJM 308 is a good one, and the one I use currently, no plans to replace it.

Also liked the TS9 that I had for a while.

Comment

I have the first version OCD and I love it.The drive is fat and creamy.With different amps it acts differently which is kinda cool doesn't color the the amp.
                              The full drive is a good one too if you can find the mosfet version try it out.
                              You quoted and posted to yourself? :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I always try to be a little different, and have been using a Tweedy VStack. It's a very sensitive little beast. But a lot of fun if you want to grunge up your tone. Definitely not something for "tightening" up your gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X