NVN: New Vox Night =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVN: New Vox Night =)

The UPS guy dropped off my Vox Night Train a little while ago. I hooked it up to my EVH 4x12 cab. I gotta' say that this amp is tiny and has tons of tone! It gets great vox cleans and has a distortion channel which sounds more like a Marshall then an AC30. I threw a distortion in front of it and was getting some really nice metal tones.

It's a nice amp for apartment living, but I also think it will have no trouble keeping up with a drummer.

Has anyone else tried on of these?
    Last edited by The Rossness; 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM.

Congratz! Keep us posted about your new amp. I really wish those would have a FX loop on them...
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Yeah, these things are great. Tried one at GC, and really dug it. Kept it on thick mode, and was pretty much perfect. Loud as hell, too.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I own one, and I run it through a Mesa 212 with V30s. Awesome little amp!

I switch between the Vox and an Orange Tiny Terror, using a Radial Headbone. From clean to mean and all points inbetween!

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
          I own one, and I run it through a Mesa 212 with V30s. Awesome little amp!

I switch between the Vox and an Orange Tiny Terror, using a Radial Headbone. From clean to mean and all points inbetween!

Which do you like more? I was torn between the two. I liked the orange a tad more initially, with all the controlls turned to infinity, but really wanted those vox cleans. I was also thinking about the dual terror.

So far I'm getting 3 basic tones-

1) Clean Vox, Mids and gain rolled back, cranked volume treble and bass

2) Brian May AC15/30, Gain and volume maxed, More mids and less bass the setting 1

3) Thick mode, 15 watt, gain cranked- I get a very thick marshall tone. It's somewhere between a JCM900 as it sounds rich and full, but has slightly less gain than a JCM800. I was playing Body Talk by ratt and was getting a pretty close to warren's sound.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
            Which do you like more?
            I can't really say. I had the Orange for months before the Vox was even announced. They have some sounds in common, but they each do their own thing too. I loved the Vox when I first played it in a store, so much so that I had to have it. I set them so they each sound very different from each other.
            Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Working...
            X