Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably getting a Randall V2...Have a few questions though.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably getting a Randall V2...Have a few questions though.

So a local shop has a used Randall V2 head for about half the price of a new one (650$). Firstly, let me say, I'm aware that the amp is designed for very tight, very heavy music, which is great, because that's mostly what I'm into playing. So I don't need to be convinced to not buy it due to "limited" tonal capabilities.

My main concern is this: Are there any known manufacturing problems with this series of amps that I should look out for? Or that would make this a bad choice of amp in terms of longevity?

Also, they unfortunately don't have a matching Randall cab. Because it's such a high output amp (400w) what would be the minimum wattage I should get so that I don't blow out the speakers? Anyone have any cab recommendations? I would be spending the bulk of my money on the head, and would have roughly 350, maybe a bit more to spend on a cab (probably used). Any recommendations would be great. It may be that I need to get the head and then wait for a cab, or until I get more money for a cab that would work best with head. I don't see getting an actual Randall cab unless it's used, because new they're like 800$

Thanks for any help.

I had a Amott series V2 and never had an issue. I may be wrong but power output rating for solid state amp is differant than power output of a tube amp. Don't let the the valve dynamic fool you, it is for the most part a solid state amp. I very bad ass one none the less. I used mine with a boogie recto cab with no problems. you will probly go deaf befor you blow the speakers. Use common sense when setting your eq because it does put out a lot off bottom end and sounds killer at low volume but back it off at higher volume. If you use a 16ohm cab it will knock your power rating down with the head set at 8ohm. You souldn't have a problem with a cab match. Just make sure your ohm settings are correct.

Comment

Working...
    X