Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about taking head somewhere without cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about taking head somewhere without cab...

Ok so my 5150 has been acting up and I want to take it to my electronics teacher to see if he can fix it. Well thing is I can't take my cab too, so I want to know if he could turn it on without a cab to check the amp out?

Take the cab with you. The head has to have an ohm load when on.

Comment

Yeah, you aren't going to want to run that without a load or it could damage the output transformer.

Does the school have any cabinets for the band that you can 'borrow' for troubleshooting?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Unless you've got a THD head or some similar amp that has its own load built in, you'll need a cab hooked up to it or you'll damage it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I figured much. Yeah my school does not have any musical equipment. Guess I will have to figure out how to take it to the amp shop 2 hours away without a car.

Comment

Jam in front of a liquor store with a sign saying "need a ride to get my amp fixed". You might have to give some head to cover the gas money but you'll probably get a taker that has nothing else interesting going on in their day.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
              Yeah I figured much. Yeah my school does not have any musical equipment. Guess I will have to figure out how to take it to the amp shop 2 hours away without a car.

Er, how did you get your cab home, then?

Congrats on breaking 100 BTW.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Jam in front of a liquor store with a sign saying "need a ride to get my amp fixed". You might have to give some head to cover the gas money but you'll probably get a taker that has nothing else interesting going on in their day.
                :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Just so you know I was having a pretty crappy day and this made me

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Er, how did you get your cab home, then?

Congrats on breaking 100 BTW.
                    My friend usually picks me up to get it around. But my class is at 8am Tuesday so he is working and his Jeep is so old that if he tried to take me to the shop his car would turn into a transformer and kill us both for attempting to do it.

And thanks for the congrats Ive never gotten 100 on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
                      And thanks for the congrats Ive never gotten 100 on anything.
                      Lol, nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X