Eminence speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence speakers

Looking at putting a couple of Eminence Man O War speakers in my Peavey Valveking 212. Anyone here have these in their setup? Looking to get rid of the boomy bottom end when using high gain distortion that plague the stock Valveking speakers. There are alot of reviews online but how do you know if any of them were from people that really used them or working at a store trying to sell them.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

I have them loaded in a mesa 4x12. They are a tight sounding speaker. They sound a lot like the Celestion GT75's but are much louder. They have tight bottom. Not boomy. More open sounding then the GT75's but still retaining a tight bass. The mids are more scooped then other speakers I have used. Not as scooped as the GT75's though. The top end is less shrill then the GT75's. They are rated at a higher wattage then the GT75. I am comparing it to the GT75 because most everyone has played or heard one as they are very common. Also, Emmi pretty much designed it to compete with that speaker.

It is a good choice if you like GT75's you will love the Manowar. It is a great choice for 80's metal or more modern metal. If you like lots of mids from your speaker then this is niot the one for you.. try the Govs then,,, What speakers are you using now?

I have another cab with Emminence Governors in it and together they sound great. Very full with both of them together.
    Last edited by Firebird V; 03-13-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

To get the best of both worlds, it's not uncommon to load a pair of each in a 412. Try one Manowar and one Governer, since you're running a 212.

Comment

I'm using the stock Peavey VK speakers and they suck, very boomy when you have remotely any bass in the mix. I'm playing new and old metal so scooped mids are a must. Thank you for the input.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
        X