Vox AC4TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC4TV

Anyone have any experience with these? I'd love to get a "vintage vox" sounding amp to mess around with at home, and for $200 it's hard to say no.
    Scott

*bump*

Nobody?
    Scott

Comment

Just picked one up a couple weeks ago myself. For the price plus using Bing.com for cash back you can't beat it. Neat little amp. No super heavy distortion if thats what you're after but then again a Vox is probably not your amp for that kind of stuff anyway. The variable watt switch means you can play at super low volume and not disturb anyone. I also picked up one of those Marshall Class 5 amps which is a much louder amp and has that cranked Marshall sound
      Both of these amps are relatively inexpensive but sound good!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks for the input. Yeah I've got my high gain/metal amp and was looking for something to jam on old 60s rock with.

How loud does the 4W mode get? Could it be used in a band?
        Scott

Comment

Picked up a used one at GC today. Perfect vintage tone. 4W cranked is plenty loud. 1/4 about halfway up is a good bedroom volume.

My wife was with me and she said I had to get it since she had never seen me smile that much from playing through an amp.
          Scott

Comment

Yeah, it is a fun little amp. Now that you have her convinced that these low watt amps are the way to go, grab a 5w Marshall Class 5. That thing is actually pretty loud!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Do they make a head version of it? Because $400 seems like a lot for a 5W amp.

I managed to snag the AV4TV head for $170. Technically it's used, but there's not a mark on it.

All I need now is the Mesa lunchbox amp and I'll have a nice selection of tones to choose from.
              Scott

Comment

No head version of the Marshall Class 5. But you can hook up a 16 ohm 4x12 cab to it as it has a provision for that $400 is not bad at all for that amp and that 5w is loud enough to play in a band with!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                X