Mesa Rectifier, still relevant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Rectifier, still relevant?

Over the past few years, I haven't really even though of my guitars. I pull a few out and play them once in awhile then I put them away and don't play for months. I quit the bands I was playing in, got serious with a girl, got married, started my photography busines,s but a part of me hates that I don't play anymore.

I still have all of my gear that I used to play out with, but even truthfully I haven't been listening to much new music either.

I haven't been following any recent guitars or amps (figure the last 3-4 years).

Are folks still using Mesa Rectifiers? I pulled mine out of the closet and played it and I love how it sounds. May be ready for some new tubes, but still sounds great.

Imho mesa tricple recto into a Marhsall 900 4x12 cab sounds so damn good, I love the Marshall cabs much more than the Mesa cab.

I guess I shouldn't say relevant, I should say, is it still one of the hot amps on the market?

Thanks!

I'd say the Rectifiers are still something of a 'default' amp for metal. Sure there's a bunch of boutique stuff (Bogner, Diezel etc), but I don't think the DR has been superceeded by anything else that's as affordable...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Its still the industry standard for metal.

Comment

Lots of people still buy lots of Rectos!!!!

Comment

Rectumfriers?

Na, Mashall came out with the JCM2000 line.

And Peavey came out with the 5150.

Now you are up to speed on the lastest and greatest

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            And Peavey came out with the 5150.

Now you are up to speed on the lastest and greatest
            Like... what... 20 years ago?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb View Post
              but even truthfully I haven't been listening to much new music either.
              Same here, but I'm slowly finding out I didn't miss much

is it still one of the hot amps on the market?
              If anything, people started to use Rectifiers for more than the midcut, fartbox, downtuned, wall of oomph and non-definition sounds
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

like pete said. people are still buyin rectos. myself included!!

Comment

I think the Recto has pretty well established itself as one of those all time favorites. I still have my Dual Recto which I bought new in 2001. However I don't play it as much anymore since I'm enjoying other amps more these days (Bogner, Marshall 1959RR, Soldano SLO 100). In fact, all of them pretty much have a signature sound that is pretty well established. As long as the Mesa sounds good to you I say keep on using it
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

yeah i gotta follow up and say that i have sold my DR and got a JVM410. in this price bracket, the recto (i am sad to admit) seems to no longer be relevant for my needs. but like roodyrocker said if it sounds good to you ....

Comment

Working...
                    X