Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg Pitchblack,tuning 1/2 step down?

Hello all!!
    I see that a few members here have a Korg Pitchblack tuner.I'm thinking about getting one but I have one quick and probably stupid question,so here it goes.

Can you easily tune down 1/2 step with this tuner?I'm assuming it can be done with the calibration? Oops,that was probably two questions!!:ROTF:

Thanks in advance for any input guys.
    Jim

yes you can tune 7 ways to sunday with it. chromatic mode will work fine for that, and you can create custom tunings, but i haven't used that mode.

Comment

Thanks Trem!!

I figured it wouldn't be a problem,but didn't want to get one and end up being disapointed.

Comment

It works fine. My only complaint is instead of showing "E flat" it shows "D sharp".
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That kind of sucks.Oh well,that's how I've got to do it with my old Peterson 450 too.

I have heard a lot of good things about the pitchblack so I'll give it a try.
          Thanks for the replies!!
          Jim

Comment

Get a Polytune from TC Electronics. Beats the Pitch Black hands down. I've been using one at rehearsals lately and just had a gig with it tonight. Best tuner right now for live use. Easy to see what string is out of tune at a glance.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jack!

Is that the tuner that you can see the tuning of all 6 strings at one glance?.

If that's the one it got my interest the first time I read about it,then I kind of forgot about it because I really haven't heard anymore about it.

I ordered the Pitchblack last night,I wish I would of looked into the polytune.I'll see how I like the Pitchblack when it comes.A buddy of mine is looking for a different tuner also so if I don't like it maybe he'd be interested.

Comment

Yep, that's the one.

Comment

that's crazy, never heard of a tuner that works that way...

but you're gonna like the pitchblack, at least I like mine.
                  it's easy to read, feels solid, it works really great, it makes your amp STFU when you're tuning...
                  that's basically all I need anyway.

the only thing that I don't like with the pitchblack is that you have to unplug the input side to safe battery life, just like it's done with a crybaby for example.
                  don't know whhat that should be good for, one could say, that's what the switchs job should be, but that's the way it is.
                  next time the battery fails I'm just gonna get an AC-adaptor for it and than it should be fine.
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I've been curious about this new tuner. I've been using the Pitch Black since they came out. I'm thinking of swinging by GC on the way to my gig tonight and grabbing one.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

One of the reviews I read for the polytune is it sometimes doesn't play well with alternate tunings, and if you have a seven sting obviously you have to use it in 'mono tune' mode.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have been using a standard tuned guitar and a drop-d guitar with it over the last two weeks. I have it set for standard tuning and when I use my drop-D guitar it shows that the E string is out of tune when I play all strings. I just then mute all the others and hit the Low D and then it goes into needle mode. Works great. Still faster than checking one string at a time.

Not sure about other tunings. It will tune down across the board for Eb, D and others. Can't remember what the range is. Haven't tried it with a seven string yet. Works best with neck pickups. The drop-d guitar I have been using has a single EMG 81 in it. Sometimes I'll double check each individual string if I have time between songs.

Comment

Well I picked one up on the way to the show but never got around to unboxing it - oh well. I may give it a shot today.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i like my pitchblack fine. its got a big ass letter display and the lights are lines. i can usually tell what string is falling out of tune so seeing all 6 seems a bit much to have to look at.

Comment

I don't know much about the Polytune but the Pitch Black is supposed to be true bypass so when you are not tuning it shouldn't mess with your tone much. Is the Polytune true bypass as well? If not, then I'd just stick with the Pitch Black for live use.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X