Engl Fireball 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Fireball 60

I am looking at buying an Engl Fireball used on Ebay. To go along with this, a Harley Benton V30 2x12 cabinet. I expect this to cost me around £800. I currently play through a Line 6 Spider IV 75, so I'm looking for a step up from that. How suitable would the Engl be for home use, aswell as band pracitice, and in the future, gigs? How good would it sound at lower volumes in the house, and would it be much louder than my Line 6?

For home use the fireball is ideal and bandpractice and gigs. Its one of engls cool features to sound good at low volumes being a tube amp. I had 2 fireballs and there was no middle ground with them ,either clean or high gain no mid gain really. Its a huge step up from the line 6 once you turn it up . It will be a lot louder then your line 6 as well. If I were you Id pick up the fireball 100 because I think there is 2 separate eq's instead of shared eq . I forgot what engl did but it improved the fireball a lot when they came out with the fireball 100 and it looks cooler too.

Comment

the new fireball also offers a noisegate IIRC...
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

really dont think you can go wrong with engl amps no matter which one it is

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
          really dont think you can go wrong with engl amps no matter which one it is
          100% agree! Ive been using a Engl E530 in my rack for the past year and it the best tone Ive ever had. Decent cleans as well.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
          X