found some NOS tubes this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found some NOS tubes this weekend

I was cleaning out the attic at my parents house this past weekend adn found a taped up box marked tubes on it.
    My dad passed away way back in 1986, he was an electrical engineer so I figured sooner or later I'd find something cool.
    Well I found a pair of slightly burned in orginal Tung Sol 5881 (matching pair)
    a pair of ........gulp brand new Mullard 12Ax7s
    and a pair of brand new Tungsram 12Ax7's
    All of these are from the 1960's
    The Mullards may even be from the 50's (they have the old "Badge" logo on them.
    I don't know whether I should just throw them into my Mark IV or sell them
    any NOS tube junkies here that know what these are worth?
    Last edited by kmanick; 03-23-2010, 08:59 PM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Nice find man! No idea what the cork sniffing market is like at the moment, but I'd run them anyways and see what they're like.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
      Nice find man! No idea what the cork sniffing market is like at the moment, but I'd run them anyways and see what they're like.
      I did some searches and the market is actually quite good, but I'm keeping them.
      They were my pops and I think I'm just going to throw them into the mark IV to see how they sound and just hang on to them.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
        I did some searches and the market is actually quite good, but I'm keeping them.
        They were my pops and I think I'm just going to throw them into the mark IV to see how they sound and just hang on to them.
        For the reasons that you've stated, I'd hold onto them, too, if I was in your situation.

Hopefully they'll sound great in the Mark IV. If not, consider picking up something like a Marshall plexi and try them in it. The plexi crowd would slobber all over themselves to get their hands on the bottles that you found.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
          For the reasons that you've stated, I'd hold onto them, too, if I was in your situation.

Hopefully they'll sound great in the Mark IV. If not, consider picking up something like a Marshall plexi and try them in it. The plexi crowd would slobber all over themselves to get their hands on the bottles that you found.
          Yeah, I'd agree there. If you are going to keep them I'd save them for the day I picked up a vintage Marshall or something or....... Get yourself a new Marshall Class 5 for $400 and get that cranked Plexi sound in a little amp. Throw the Mullards in there and see how they sound
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
            I was cleaning out the attic at my parents house this past weekend adn found a taped up box marked tubes on it.
            My dad passed away way back in 1986, he was an electrical engineer so I figured sooner or later I'd find something cool.
            Well I found a pair of slightly burned in orginal Tung Sol 5881 (matching pair)
            a pair of ........gulp brand new Mullard 12Ax7s
            and a pair of brand new Tungsram 12Ax7's
            All of these are from the 1960's
            The Mullards may even be from the 50's (they have the old "Badge" logo on them.
            I don't know whether I should just throw them into my Mark IV or sell them
            any NOS tube junkies here that know what these are worth?
            Damn!,...wish I could find some NOS tubes in my parents attic! But my dad was an accountant! LOL!! Only thing I've found is a melted ball of green plastic Army men! HA!HA!HA!

Comment

Great find hold on to them.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X