Mother f$$$$$@@$$er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother f$$$$$@@$$er

just bought a peavey envoy about a month ago(randall seemed to be ready to go) well the f -en peavey stopped working? no fuses. it had a little bit of a loose connection to the extension cord I had it pugged into.any ideals what could be the problem?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

I have nothing for you except try a different outlet.
    Might be fused on the circuit board.

It's one of those kitchen sink SS amps I don't like
    to fool with.

Comment

no fuses took it apart. tryed diff cords and outlets. had a nice clean channel tone. f$%k
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

That sucks! Peaveys usually work forever too, at least the old USA made ones. Is it Chinese? I know they're putting the names of a lot of their older cool amps on the new shitty Chinese versions.

Hopefully you didn't pay too much. Hard to believe no fuses at all in the amp, not doubting you but that is fucked up!

Well there are lots of cheap used Peaveys on Ebay, try and get an older Studio Pro Transtube and you'll have a little more power plus a 12" speaker. They also have that T-Dynamics which is like a power attenuator for low-volume playing. Those go pretty cheap, they're not as popular as the Bandits. Which, be warned, Bandits are now Chinese-made IIRC froma recent thread. some guys was saying "Hey, I heard these were cool, but mine sucks". I believe it turned out his was made in China.

You know what I dug about my old Traynor YBA-1A? Circuit breaker instead of a fuse! That was cool!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well since you had it apart...
          No funny smells?
          Take a reading magnifier and look very
          closely for cracked diodes, power resistors in the supply section.
          If it fails to even light up then go backwards from
          the light to the AC cord.

Comment

there was a small fuse. missed it first look, jumped it and it works now.gonna hold off playing it til i can get another fuse. its also soldered in place. it is a transtube amp. but i just use the clean channel with an rp7 pedal that has a real tube for gain. i was wondering if i could use an auto fuse?

Comment

Working...
            X