• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally found a Badass SS head

the Peavey XXL
    discontinued in 07 i think
    anybody have any experience with em?

I remember an old member had one way back when. Steve from Severed Serenity. You could ask his bandmate Dave what he thought of it. He still posts here. His handle is "sevser".
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I have one, although I've only gigged with it once or twice. I bought it for the versatility of the different modes on each channel, and for the footswitchable effects loop. I've always had a certain fondness for Peavey amps, and I decided that I'd rather have a really versatile and durable USA-made solid state head than a Chinese tube head of questionable quality.

I run a Digitech multi-effects pedal in the loop for gate/EQ/delay on solos.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loki: god of chaos View Post
        the Peavey XXL
        discontinued in 07 i think
        anybody have any experience with em?
        Those are pretty killer! Would like to pick one up sometime. Played one against a Peavey XXX and althought the XXX was a little warmer sounding than the XXL, the XXL was less than 1/2 the price of the XXX.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
          I have one, although I've only gigged with it once or twice. I bought it for the versatility of the different modes on each channel, and for the footswitchable effects loop. I've always had a certain fondness for Peavey amps, and I decided that I'd rather have a really versatile and durable USA-made solid state head than a Chinese tube head of questionable quality.

I run a Digitech multi-effects pedal in the loop for gate/EQ/delay on solos.
          i use the same setup! except i throw an MXR distortion III in front of it with the ultra cahnnel's gain rolled back to 9' o clock has more of an edge then the gain cranked up
          id love to trade it if anyones interested..

Comment

Working...
          X