Line 6 amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
    BTW,maybe I'm too lazy to read but has anyone tried the SPIDERVALVE by BOGNER.Heard it was kickass.I just usually invest my money in tube amps and was wondering if anyone owns one personally?
    Read my post above

Comment

Love line 6 have 2 xt beans, an x3 bean, an x3 pro and a spider 2 hd

Comment

Originally posted by guitarbumb View Post
        Love line 6 have 2 xt beans, an x3 bean, an x3 pro and a spider 2 hd
        What do you think about your X3 Pro? I just passed one up and opted for the Eleven Rack, but it was not a simply made decision.

I might sell my Pod Pro, and pick up the bean though - the 2.3. I don't really need the rack mount anyway.

Comment

hate line6 stuff.. one of the local shops has the spidervalve.. would like to try it one day. not on my priority list. had a lot of their products from pedals to the pods (sold everything, save for the pocket pod, which i use for rough demos and scratch tracks)
          sound is crap compared to a properly set-up valve amp, or it takes hours and hours of tweaking after which your ears are so fatigued, everything sounds the same..
          they keep wanting your money for shit you dont really need and most of the stuff i had isnt plug n' play.. always headaches with software AND the shit is so freakin unreliable it's really not worth the money.
          save for longer, get a proper amp.. unless you only use it for rough tracks and you dont have proper recording equipment or cant because of the noise. for that it's decent.. anything else, forget it.

same thing with amps.. havent owned any, because the pods really drove me away with all that tweaking nonsense. if i plug my guitar into the amp i expect it to sound good without pedals. then i just tweak it slightly depending on application by adding a couple of pedals. 3 or 4 THE MOST and they're not sound changing, just add a bit of flavour.

seriously save a bit more money and get a real amp. even if it's just for home use. I spent 390€ on the head (Laney LH50R) and a smidge over 300€ on the Laney cab that went with it (loaded with HH premiums) and that's it. it gets plenty of sounds for what i need
          if you REALLLLYYYYYYYYY need a gazillion different sounds, you're not in a band anyway, cos you spend way too much time tweakin shit than playing anyway

IMO
          Last edited by Davey; 04-11-2010, 01:20 PM.
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

i avoided line6 since they came on the scene because i was of the same mentality "i want it to be simple, just work, and not burden me with hours of tweaking". then one day i sat down and gave em a shot. for like 300 bucks you cannot beat the 75watt spider IV for its power, sound, effects, and dependability. admitedly it has taken a pretty good while to find the perfect tone (for now) but with 64 programable channels on tap and all of its built in features i dont NEED any of my old pedals because this amp sounds better than them.

the closets price point amp would be the fender superchamp and i almost got it because the tone is really amazing but it just doesn't have the output or gazilllion features of the spidervalve. plus, i play in the worship band at church and line 6 just lets me plug directly into the sound system and it knows to emulate a cab which is purdy handy in and of itself.

also most people dont want a tube amp to lug around to small gigs, practice, etc etc and i'm in that camp

one day i'll have a cool tube rig, it just isn't high on the priority list at all in my life right now.
            good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

I use the XT Live and the X3 Live for everything. So happy not to be carting my fullstack around anymore, now it just sits in the corner of my room and acts like a PA for these pedals.

I think people get turned off because the factory presets are only a tiny fraction of what's available...there's no sound I haven't been able to create/find, and maybe I don't have a "golden ear" or whatever - the tube amp modeling sounds pretty goddamn spot-on to me. Sounds are just vibration, they're not made out of angel feathers and dragon blood.
              I only need one more guitar.

Comment

If you don't mind the fact that their R&D department is basically dead and their idea of new products is repackaging the same stuff year after year, then have at it. In other words, if you liked the way they sounded years ago, then you ought to still like them now because it's the same stuff repackaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                  I use the XT Live and the X3 Live for everything. So happy not to be carting my fullstack around anymore, now it just sits in the corner of my room and acts like a PA for these pedals.

I think people get turned off because the factory presets are only a tiny fraction of what's available...there's no sound I haven't been able to create/find, and maybe I don't have a "golden ear" or whatever - the tube amp modeling sounds pretty goddamn spot-on to me. Sounds are just vibration, they're not made out of angel feathers and dragon blood.
                  this is my view
                  listening to someone play is ok .. since these sounds are recreations of the real deal. and they're believable
                  PLAYING one on the other had.. they're dynamicaly dead .. true, it's all in the ear of the beholder, but to me they dont feel like the real deal, they're fakes.. you can get a good tone out of it, but when you're playing through it for a while they just dont have the right feel to it
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I used an XT live for a long time through a Crate Powerblock it was merely sufficient.

Also bought a Spider Valve it was shit so sold it and bought a Powerball, and have been satisfied ever since.
                    http://www.myspace.com/thisisneandertahl
                    Technical Progressive Death Metal.

Jim dunlop nylon pick> Daddario Strings> EMG Pups/SD Pups> Jackson SLSMG/Jackson SL3> Boss MT2> Engl Powerball> EHX small stone> MXR Carbon Copy> BBE Sonic Stomp> Korg Pitch Black> Celestion V30's ! that be the signal flow.

Comment

I owned a few Line 6 product and ended up selling every single one of them. As somebody already mentioned here, I'd rather play my guitar than tweak that shit for hours. After few tries I ended up with Fender DeVille tube, and for practice with my buddies I use PeaVey Ultra Plus.

It seems that you need to try things out and see what works for you. Some people just don't mind playing with all those setting, but what ever you like is what matters.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X