Eventide H3000 or Pitchfactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventide H3000 or Pitchfactor?

Ok, the IPS33 seems like it's about to shit the bed on me.

Should I try my luck with an older H3K unit again or go for the Pitchfactor pedal?

Anyone who has/had both care to offer an opinion? I do seem to recall the H3 having the ability to totally customize the harmony response through at least a 2 octave range (A=440 could be a 5th while an octave higher could be a 3rd, etc). I also remember it being a fucking anal-retentive Technique-Nazi with no consideration for slight semi-tonal modulation
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Newc, I've never owned the rack units from Eventide but people who do own them say that you need to have your head examined if you are considering running one live as they are so complicated
    I do have an Eventide Pitchfactor pedal but haven't tweaked it yet. I plan on putting it on my pedal board soon. I have heard the pedal in person at NAMM however and it sounds fantastic!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I saw the video someone here posted of it a whiel back (or was it the Duncan forum?) and while it sounds nice, I'm wondering about tweakability/customization. Glancing at the specs on an Ebay listing it appears you get presets only (which I'm sure would cover a lot more than I need since I'm not theorist), making the pedal more cost-effective. However, the floor is "down there" while my rack is "right here", so there's that
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

It depends how many presets do you need? I believe the Pitchfactor has something like 100 or more. There are two footswitches to go up banks then toggle between two presets per bank. If you have all your presets done ahead of time you shouldn't have to touch the pedal live except to tap on the appropriate footswitch to select your program.
        I haven't owned a rack mounted Eventide but was told to tweak that thing you have to go through tons of parameters/menus. Hardly something I'd want to do on the fly at a gig so they might as well put it on the floor away from me anyway
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

newc, when i used an H3000SE (many years ago) i spent HOURS at home programming all my live presets. HOURS just for 15 second parts in a couple of songs. then if i was having a bad night and i didn't hit a note dead on, it made this weird squelching noise. i took it out of my live rack and moved it to the studio, where it sat pretty much unused. then it went to ebay.

take a look at the pedal. it may be easier.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Still having a hard time paying $400+ for a pedal when I'm used to paying that for racks

Comment

I once owned a DSP7500 (rackmount) with built in sampler. The manual is huge. Fucking thing kept crashing. So did the replacement. £4,500 down the toilet. Sold it for a pathetic £1,000. As for editing, you need to be a rocket scientist to understand the PC editor.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Thanks guys. Still having a hard time paying $400+ for a pedal when I'm used to paying that for racks
                Mount the pedal in a rack drawer if thats easier to come to grips with Newc
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Mount the pedal in a rack drawer if thats easier to come to grips with Newc
                  :idea:

GENIUS!

:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                  X