Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod X3 Pro vs. Eleven Rack

What say you?

(Pod/L6 haters that have never used them need not respond...)

Looking at upgrading preamps. I'm using the old POD Pro, and a Digitech GSP1101 right now, but looking for something new. I've narrowed it down to the X3 and the 11R. Not recording with it. Just playing. Can't afford the AxeFx, so don't bother telling me how great they are - I already know.

11R. I have a GSP1101 and it blows that away. The other guitarist in my band has an 11R. Very very cool unit. Very impressive tone and feel. I am sure purists can tell a difference but the people in the bar can't. A producer buddy that is helping us has the X3, the 11R sounds so much better. The producer wants to get one for himself.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
      11R. I have a GSP1101 and it blows that away. The other guitarist in my band has an 11R. Very very cool unit. Very impressive tone and feel. I am sure purists can tell a difference but the people in the bar can't. A producer buddy that is helping us has the X3, the 11R sounds so much better. The producer wants to get one for himself.
      Good info! This is the kind of response I love to get. Thank you!

Comment

I'm so close to impulse buying an 11R but I am going to try to be good and save for a AxeFX.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

does the 11R have effects?
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

The 11R does have effects. Not nearly as many as some other units but I guess it is upgradable with firmware/software updates.

Comment

But it has a good delay and chorus, right? That's really all I use anyway.

Comment

I think so. The other guitarist uses Chorus quite a bit and some delay. They sound good. I don't know all the specifics of delay cutoffs or not when switching patches. Some times it matters to people. The 11R sounds good all around.

He uses the stage monitor more than anything now. He had been using an old JCM120 that sounded great clean but wasn't working for harder stuff. He then bought the 11R and is still using the 120 for some sound on stage but he runs a direct out to the board as well. He gets that signal fed back through the monitors and uses that more than anything.

He said he is going to pick up the tube power amp that was designed to work with the 11R next, as well as a 4x12 cab. Not sure he needs it but I won't talk him out of buying new gear.

Comment

Ha! Yeah...I know of that problem as well... I am set up with a SS poweramp through a Marshall 412 right now. If I ever sell the cab, I'll grab an Avatar cab with Celestion C80's and run that stereo. I don't really *need* a 412, but I sure like how it sounds.

Comment

Eleven Rack is a very nice unit. I have one and really enjoy it. It doesn't have a ton of amps and effects, but it does have some very good ones. It is also easy to use. I recommend it.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the 11R today. It should be here on Friday. I'll update after a little time with it.

Comment

Tracking shows it "out for delivery"!!

It was preamp mania at my house this weekend. I bought a Vox Tonelab, and traded up my Pod Pro & GSP1101 for a Marshall JMP-1. Now THERE'S one COOL preamp... I had one for about a day 6 years ago in a trade deal gone bad (who thinks that a guitar labeled "Yamaha Pacifica" would indicate it's an American guitar, especially when I told him the model numbers??), but never really got to use it. Should be a fun week! Got a pair of G&L Cantrells too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                          I think so. The other guitarist uses Chorus quite a bit and some delay. They sound good. I don't know all the specifics of delay cutoffs or not when switching patches. Some times it matters to people. The 11R sounds good all around.

He uses the stage monitor more than anything now. He had been using an old JCM120 that sounded great clean but wasn't working for harder stuff. He then bought the 11R and is still using the 120 for some sound on stage but he runs a direct out to the board as well. He gets that signal fed back through the monitors and uses that more than anything.

He said he is going to pick up the tube power amp that was designed to work with the 11R next, as well as a 4x12 cab. Not sure he needs it but I won't talk him out of buying new gear.
                          Which outputs does he use? The XLR?

Comment

To the board he uses XLR. To his amp he uses a 1/4".

Comment

Cool. I ended up getting a pair of XLR cables to run into a stereo power amp. The 1/4 outs didn't work right. Weird. Anyway, after I get past the learning curve, I think this will be a damn cool unit. The only hurdle is that I also picked up a Marshall JMP-1 over the weekend, and I've had a hard time shutting it off!!

Comment

Working...
                              X