Dimarzio Liquifire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Liquifire

I jsut got one and got it wired up. It sounds really good for leads, it wails, but still has that smooth neck pup sound. It sounds great clean for chords, and it sounds Amazing when playing clean and splitting the coil.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

I want to try one of these in place of the PAF Pro I have in the neck of my black ProMod.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

It sounds really good and I am happy enough with it to keep it, but it doesn't sound anything like the clip from the Dimarzio site. It isn't even CLOSE, but they also use the same exact clip for the crunch lab, so you may not even be listening to the liquifire at all in that clip.

Comment

I have one to throw into the neck of one of my Pro Mods...I'll let you know what I think GT. And if I don't like it...it's cream...so it'll fit your blackie just fine.

Comment

yes it's a very nice neck pup - i didn't think much of it in clips as well,
          but i thought it might be different and good for what i was trying to do.
          i threw it in a maple neck /ash bodied guitar along with a super 3 to balance out and tame the highs, worked out great - no shrill really smooth and just bright enough, the two pups match very well in it volume and tone wise.

Comment

I thought , to me at least that it sounds like an Air Norton when playing with gain and using it for solos, but it is brighter when playing clean, both humbucking and split.

One thing I would like to add, and that is I think it doesn't sound good at all when playing chords using it with distortion, but I have NEVER used a neck pup for that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
              I have one to throw into the neck of one of my Pro Mods...I'll let you know what I think GT. And if I don't like it...it's cream...so it'll fit your blackie just fine.
              Nice.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
              X