Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else?

Just wondering if anyone else bought a 750 dollar vader 4x12,lived with it,gigged with it for a while then decided like a dumb drunk fuck to paint it camo?

I did this.Everyone says it looks cool but I get the feeling they are letting me down easy.What the hell was I thinking?I've gotten used to it but for some reason I wish it was black like the day it was delivered to my door.I am such a dumbass!I could never re-sell now,not that I would because it is so brutal.Come on it's 480 watts and with my mesa single rec solo 50 driving it.MY GOD it is heaven....But now it looks like major shit,Will god forgive me?

Opinions are well tolerated.

Anyone?
    BLS/SDMF

No.

I build my amps ugly right from the start.
    That way they can't get messed up much worse.

Next question?

Comment

Next ques woud be......How long have you been building your own amps?I'm sure I could do some research on building cabs,I would love to build my own.I do have a woodshop.But,What woods are best man?I have no Idea where to start.All I know is I want eminence legends in it,they are the bombdiggity in my book.I know how to wire cabs,I could build one I'm sure.But what wood is best?
      BLS/SDMF

Comment

birch

Comment

Marshalls are 7 ply birch I believe.

Comment

my rivera cabs are birch also. they sound awesome. 5/8" baltic birch.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
              Next ques woud be......How long have you been building your own amps?I'm sure I could do some research on building cabs,I would love to build my own.I do have a woodshop.But,What woods are best man?I have no Idea where to start.All I know is I want eminence legends in it,they are the bombdiggity in my book.I know how to wire cabs,I could build one I'm sure.But what wood is best?
              Baltic birch plywood is what most of the good manufacturers use. I'm pretty sure most companies list the wood material unless they are a company like Bugera using MDF chipboard. Just check all the cabs you think are mucho bitchin to see how they are made, and using what materials.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Black paint covers all.

Comment

Seems like you get drunk a lot.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Seems like you get drunk a lot.
                    Only on weekends
                    BLS/SDMF

Comment

Baltic Birch grows here everywhere, cheap as hell, I made (with help) a custom 1x12 cab with it, it cost very little yet it turned out to be one of the best cabs I've ever played with. Very tight and articulate. Excellent for session musician.

On another note, camo is not cool, never was and never will be
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Camo is cool when Charlie wants to put a bullet in you.... and he's only 6 feet away from where you are.
                        As far as the cab goes black paint will fix that.
                        Last edited by straycat; 04-11-2010, 09:30 PM.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I built a pair of 2x12 cabs based on the Mesa horizontal rectifier cab dimensions. I used Birch plywood from Home-depot.
                          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
                            All I know is I want eminence legends in it,they are the bombdiggity in my book.
                            The Legends are great! My Randall cab has three of them... it looks like a 4x12, but it's a 2x12/1X15.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X