Boss ME-70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss ME-70

How would you wire that thing up? I mean it has a guitar input which says the only way for it to power up and work is to plug your guitar into it, but then that means you can't put it in your fx loop, and your guitar won't be plugged into the input of the amp. This is a noob question, and I am pretty new with these fx loops, pedalboards, and tube amps.
    Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

I tried this model at GC last week. It took a few minutes for the salesman to set up. If no one answers you should download the manual. I decided not to buy it because it made a $2,000 Mesa Boogie head sound like a cheap pos. The amp sounded incredible without it.

Comment

Guitar -> ME Input -> ME Send -> Amp Input -> Amp Send -> ME Return -> ME Out -> Amp Return -> Profit!

You only have to enable the ME's FX loop and it's placement and ofcourse enable your amps FX loop
      Last edited by Nightbat; 04-11-2010, 05:38 PM.
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        Guitar -> ME Input -> ME Send -> Amp Input -> Amp Send -> ME Return -> ME Out -> Amp Return -> Profit!

You only have to enable the ME's FX loop and it's placement and ofcourse enable your amps FX loop
        Sounds reasonable, but I checked out the manual of the boss me-70 and the ME only has 3 inputs/outputs, and in your diagram it has 4 connections made to the pedalboard, so unless I go out of the fx loop or some other way, I am not seeing how to connect it.

Comment

Sorry, figured that ME70 had it's own fx loop
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            Sorry, figured that ME70 had it's own fx loop
            So how would I hook it up?

Comment

Originally posted by guambomb832 View Post
              So how would I hook it up?
              Either run it through the front end of your amp, or in the loop by running the amp's effects send into the ME-70 input and the ME-70 mono output into the amp's effects return. I'm sure the ME-70 will power on as long as a 1/4" cable is plugged into the input, whether it's from your guitar directly or via the amp's loop. Not the most flexible of options but that's what the choices would seem to be.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X