Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody playing on Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have GT10 as well, and I was running it directly in the amp's input and trying to set it as clean as possible just in order to have GT sound as good as possible. I still haven't tried to use effects loop, but I gotta try it now to see is there going to be any major difference.

Chad, what is the main advantage if you run your pedal board (GT) through the effects loop?

Comment

When you run it through the effects loop, you don't get the coloration and mud from the preamp.

Comment

Originally posted by sikter View Post
        OMG If you're right, I'm buying you a beer ... or 12 pack.
        Now I have something to go by and look around. Thx.

I'm not sure it's that one.

The one I was looking for has two inputs on the left hand side, and one was above another. Maybe my memory's faded ...?
        That's the amp I was talking about - Two Channel.

Now you are saying two inputs - Do you mean a two input single channel? That would be the 2203.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          When you run it through the effects loop, you don't get the coloration and mud from the preamp.
          Yeah, if you go into the front end you are cascading preamps....by feeding the GT-10's preamp into your amp's preamp. Going into the effects return bypasses the amp's preamp, so you can go straight to the power section. It's also easier to work with because the only knob I had to worry about on the amp was the master volume.

Comment

I've been using for over 3 years now my GT8 witb my Marshall DSL50. I use the DSL50 preamp looped with 4 cables with the GT8. The GT8 is used only for FX/OD and volume control as I used my Marshall as a one channel amp. Not perfect but does a quite good job. I'd be curious to try a GT10 but as I don't the disto/preamps of the GT8 I don't see the reason for upgrading yet.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The 2205/2210's are great amps, as are the ones I think you're talking about...the MV series.

The 2205/2210 amps have two channels but one input, with a master volume and reverb. As far as I know they were only made during the JCM800 series.

The other ones, 2203/2204, are a single-channel amp but have high and low inputs. Either vertical or horizontal...no reverb, but master volume. I believe these came out prior to the 800's, in 1975 I think, and ran throughout the 800 series.

You can't go wrong with either, but at least on my 4210 combo, the cleans aren't all that great. Not that I ever use them. I can't speak for the MV amps.

It's not that the cleans aren't good, but I occasionally get buzz on that channel. I heard somewhere that it could be crosstalk or bleed from the lead channel; maybe it's something with my amp. But I never use it anyway and don't care.

Sorry for the hijack. Good luck with the HRDV.

Comment

Thank you guys for your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X