Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

combining rack processors for the dream matchine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combining rack processors for the dream matchine?

If you could combine the effects of one processor with another one, what would be your dream matchine???

Like taking the delays of a ..., with the chorus of a ..., and the flanger of....., with the pitch shifting of an eventide ... model, and the reverbs of a lecixorn...................... for example.

Please post it like this, and explain:

Delay: .......
    Chorus: .....
    Flanger: .....
    Pitch: ........
    Reverb: .....

I just want to compared what are the common ideas of what processor has the best effect.
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

As far as an effects processor I love 90% of the black faced Intellifex settings.
    The chorus is nice and the pan delays are killer.Exit left and right deal is nice if you run stereo.Just a really great unit.
    Most any Rocktron OD processors kick ass too nice gain stages with hush and exciters.
    To say which one is better is hard to say really.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The Axe-FX does everything for me.
      Last edited by Matt_B; 04-14-2010, 06:56 AM.

Comment

My Roland GP-8 still does it all
        2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
        2007 DK2m White Bengal
        88 Jackson limited edition
        Charvel Preditor
        PS-3T Rhoads Performer
        Jackson DX10D
        3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
        4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
        Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
        Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

Can't complain about the Digitech units I've used for years, but if I could get it all in one box:

Compressor: Digitech GSP21 Legend
          Drive/Distortion: ADA MP-1 (gain selectable between unmodded, 3 Tube Mod, and 3.666 mod)
          EQ: programmable 31 band Graphic 1/3 octave and the Digitech TSR-12 5-band Parametric with High and Low Shelving, adjustable Q, and frequency selection
          Chorus: Digitech TSR-12 Choruses (from simple stereo to 8 Voice) with GSP21 Legend Chorus controls (so you can set Sweep and Rate to 0 - the TSR-12 can't)
          Flanger: Boss BF-2 pedal
          Phaser: Boss PH-12 pedal
          Delay: Digitech TSR-12 Delays (mono, stereo, ping-pong, 4-tap, etc)
          Reverb: Digitech GSP21 Legend RV2 (RV1 was too shallow) with the same controls (set Dry to 0 and Reverb to 10 for a better Reverse Reverb than the actual Reverse Reverb patch)
          Wah: Selectable between Dunlop CryBaby, Hendrix, Morley Bad Horsie, and the Digitech variations in the 1101 (Ya-Ya).

With the ability to put anything anywhere in the chain, as many times as you want (so if you want the Wah first after the Input jack, it's there, or if you want 6 different EQs to do your own amp modelling, you can, and you can still put other items in the chain). Also be able to set up 2 totally independent signal chains: start with the one Guitar input and from there it splits to two different paths whose only shared controls are the knobs on the front of the unit that say Input and Output.

Also would have the ability to design a virtual circuit board so you can replicate any effect/amp as long as you know what it looks like (Clean section of a JC-120 with a Marshall Artist 30w head's Drive channels, etc, or be able to build a vintage Plexi head or Neve console channel strip that uses virtual Germanium components, which you can "age" to get a specific level of signal degradation).
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hmmm, interesting idea....

* distortion - none, i always use the amp
            * chorus - i like the digitech choruses like newc mentioned. i love the chorus in my digitech quad. very lush and tweakable.
            * delay - i loved the delay in the old TC2290
            * reverb - i hate digital reverb, but i do love fender spring reverb. i have a '63 reissue reverb unit in my rack now.
            * phaser - mxr phase 90. to me everything else sounds like a flanger
            * flanger - the old ADA all the way
            * EQ - none. i HATE extra EQ, but if i HAD to have it i love the old ibanez PQ-9 parameteric EQ pedal....3 band sliders with a sweepable knob for the mids.
            * compressor - i am in love with the manley variable mu compressor at the studio i am doing a session in right now. i WANT that compressor!!!!!

i guess that's it. i don't care too much about other effects. everything i do can be managed through those things, and praise God, i have all of them except the 2290 and the manley compressor.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Well its 2023 and your lucky day! Axefx Ultra for $2046.00 shipped! Today!
              Game over... now you can have it all!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                * reverb - i hate digital reverb, but i do love fender spring reverb. i have a '63 reissue reverb unit in my rack now.
                The 1101 has a spring reverb that sounds really good.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                  If you could combine the effects of one processor with another one, what would be your dream matchine???

Like taking the delays of a ..., with the chorus of a ..., and the flanger of....., with the pitch shifting of an eventide ... model, and the reverbs of a lecixorn...................... for example.

Please post it like this, and explain:

Delay: .......
                  Chorus: .....
                  Flanger: .....
                  Pitch: ........
                  Reverb: .....

I just want to compared what are the common ideas of what processor has the best effect.
                  Delay: TC Electronic 2290
                  Chorus: TC Electronic 1210 or a Tri-Chorus (Songbird or something)
                  Flanger: Straight pedal homey - MXR Flanger or ADA
                  Pitch: Eventide H, DSP....really anything from them
                  Reverb: Lexicon PCM series

That said, as stated, I can get an excellent delay, chorus, pitch and reverb out of any of the Intellifex units and if I want to run it in series it will NOT kill my tone like the TC Electronics G-Majors, M-One etc. The Intellifex units cannot be beat for the money and can hold there own against just about anything soundwise. I say this from experience as well after owning most of the above.
                  Good deals with:
                  Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
                    That said, as stated, I can get an excellent delay, chorus, pitch and reverb out of any of the Intellifex units and if I want to run it in series it will NOT kill my tone like the TC Electronics G-Majors, M-One etc.
                    What do you mean by series?
                    I think I'll go with an Intelliflex, just too many good reviews here to not go with it.... now I just need to find how to put a Phase 90 and/or a Flanger on the mix and I think I would be able to do allmost everything that I need. BTW, any idea on how to do that?
                    custom made Les Paul
                    VOX Tonelab LE
                    ADA MP1
                    BBE 422A
                    Lexicon MPX-G2
                    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                    Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                      What do you mean by series?
                      I think I'll go with an Intelliflex, just too many good reviews here to not go with it.... now I just need to find how to put a Phase 90 and/or a Flanger on the mix and I think I would be able to do allmost everything that I need. BTW, any idea on how to do that?
                      Meaning running from preamp into Intellifex into poweramp. The Intellifex has an analog path for the dry sound that preserves your tone. Some prefer to run their fx in parallel with a mixer to preserve their dry sound. Not necessary with the Intellifex(Intellipitch, Replifex etc.) but it is necessary with most other units as they will color your dry sound if ran in series(TC Electronic etc.). You should be able to find an Intellifex on Ebay pretty easy and for around $100-$150.
                      As far as the pedals, you'll need a switcher of some sort (GCX maybe?) that you can switch your pedals in/out of the signal path with.
                      Last edited by srommes; 04-17-2010, 02:35 AM.
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Axe-FX and an Eventide H8000 would do it for me.

The Axe-FX and an Eventide Eclipse is pretty sweet too
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The GSX is very cool but I don't have the need to get 8 loops in there, with just 1 ore 2 will do the trick for now I think. Has anyone usea an FXs Loop pedal for this? I don't find a BOSS pledal for this, just some small brand name ones on ebay. Are they any good or not?
                          custom made Les Paul
                          VOX Tonelab LE
                          ADA MP1
                          BBE 422A
                          Lexicon MPX-G2
                          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                          Support Your Local 81

Comment

The Boss LS-2 is their loop/aby pedal...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                            X