No announcement yet.

Every Which wah but loose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys, I just happened to get my hands on 2 wahs from the "band basket" this weekend - Dunlop Mister Cry Baby Super and a Fulltone Clyde. I'm not a wah snob or wah user so both seemed pretty equal IMO. I'd say the Clyde was "smoother" in sound and not as harsh. Neither unit turned on very well on my carpet downstairs so I took them to the garage and they still required a solid stomp on a firm surface to activate. The Crybaby cut my amp's volume but I think it was a weak battery issue. BTW - as soon as I sign up again for Platinum, both will be in classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
      Well guys, I just happened to get my hands on 2 wahs from the "band basket" this weekend - Dunlop Mister Cry Baby Super and a Fulltone Clyde. I'm not a wah snob or wah user so both seemed pretty equal IMO. I'd say the Clyde was "smoother" in sound and not as harsh. Neither unit turned on very well on my carpet downstairs so I took them to the garage and they still required a solid stomp on a firm surface to activate. The Crybaby cut my amp's volume but I think it was a weak battery issue. BTW - as soon as I sign up again for Platinum, both will be in classifieds.
      There is also the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. Thats the one I have it has a bit more optional voicings on it than the standard Clyde. But if you didn't like it then perhaps the Fulltone one is not for you. The other one I have is an MXR/CAE and thats going on another board of mine.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I read the Clyde instructions today and it seems there are adjustable settings in the internals. It's a well built & well designed wah - more than a match for my foot ability. I'm not a wah player so I've put it on classifieds for someone who can get some use out of it.

Comment

I'm not coordinated enough nor do I have enough patience to learn how to use a wah properly. I just use an envelope filter and call it good. Sounds better than I could ever pull of

Fuck I am lazy.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I use a wah and do "Whoa!" "Whoa!" "Whoa!" style licks.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
            X