Beginner amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner amps

Well I'm not exactly a beginner, but I'm having trouble deciding on a new amp. I need one with a foot switch and preferably with a FX loop, but not for much cash. And I'm in Australia, so any of you aussies know anywhere? I've had a look at Peavy, Marshall, Line 6, Roland (already got a 15X cube), and I'm trying to get to play a Blackstar HT-5 Combo, but haven't yet. Please help me!!!!

Oh and I have a crybaby and a phaser so It would be nice with a FX loop.

And a Jackson JS30DKT

THANKYOU
    "A Peavey exploded?

Fuck we have a fucking problem!

End of the world right here!

Seriously,a Peavey exploding is like my ass suddenly sprouting wings and flying me into space." Grim

Jackson JS32T Kelly
    Jackson JS30DKT
    Roland 15X Cube
    Dunlop CryBaby

Actually a crybaby and phaser both work well in front of an amp. (Although the phaser works well in the loop too.)
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

it doesnt work well with my distortion though, but on clean its bloody awesome. but its having a weird moment, so ive left it for a bit
      "A Peavey exploded?

Fuck we have a fucking problem!

End of the world right here!

Seriously,a Peavey exploding is like my ass suddenly sprouting wings and flying me into space." Grim

Jackson JS32T Kelly
      Jackson JS30DKT
      Roland 15X Cube
      Dunlop CryBaby

Comment

Go get yourself a Gorilla TC-35 and suffer like we did 25 years ago

People got it made these days. So many great choices.

Comment

Damn straight, Don!

Including hooking up to home stereo consoles.
          Yuck!

Comment

My first amp was a Silverface Fender Princeton. Somehow with a Fender Mustang I managed to blow the speaker in it, but didn't realize it was just the speaker so i thought my amp was done. I used a mono cassette player as an OD preamp, that's what did it in. Then I figured out that there was an amp in my mom's upright Wurlitzer electric piano so I spliced a 1/4" jack into it! Better drive than the Fender and a 12" speaker to boot! Mom wasn't too happy though...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cheap amps are so much better today than they were 20 and 30 (and longer) years ago. My first amp was a Marshall Valvestate 20 watt with a 10" speaker. It still sounds like crap. I think it cost about $250 when I bought it. For that same $250 today there are some badass amps out there.

Personally, I'd grab one of those Line-6 SPider Jam combos. The number one thing that would have made me a better player as a kid would have been to have constantly been playing with a click track or a drummer, and that Spider Jam has some righteous drum grooves built right in.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Fender has their G-Dec stuff too which is good for practice.

Comment

I'd go with an Uberschall..

You'll never need another amp, and your balls increase in size with each use.....I now require a wheelbarrel.

Actually my kid beats the shit out of his 30 wt Line 6 Spider everyday since it was new without a hiccup, and it's a blast to play.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Do you want tube? Check out Peavey Valveking, B-52 AT-100, Mesa Single Rectifier, etc.
                    Scott

Comment

IMO...since you probably need good meter training, that new GDec 30 is going to be awesome as an all around practice amp. Or at least go with a clean
                      2 year old Fender GDec 30 watt. But the new one looks incredible..hopefully it will be priced around $369.00? But i doubt it..

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        Do you want tube? Check out Peavey Valveking, B-52 AT-100, Mesa Single Rectifier, etc.
                        I'll second the valve king. Great tone for under 400.00.
                        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
                        X