Knucklehead Tre vs. Triple Rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Mariachi View Post
    I disagree completely. It's not about volume. And you can't dial in enough mids in that amp.
    But to each his/her own. If it's working for you... GREAT!
    I'm not talking about over all playing volume. I'm referring to matching volumes between the clean channel to the other higher gain channels. You do realize the tone settings on Mesas are highly interactive with each other. You usually can't just tweak one knob to get what you're after. If I put the rectifier switch on diode and set for bold I can adjust that clean channel to sound very close to a fender amp tone with fairly sparkly mids. That's not what I bought a dual rec for but it's still fun to go their on ocaision especially with my strat......If I'm not mistaken the first generation boogies were actually designed around a hot rodded fender amp platform....Is this true Cyg or am I way off base here?....I have been known to be wrong once or twice before

Comment

My comment is wow- not enough bass with a triple. My triple is so loud and the bass actually hurts your heart, thats drop tunings though. My problem with my recto is that it is mushy you don't really hear chords. I have on of the early 3 channels maybe they are different now and mine does need retubing.

About the cabinet, try some amps with a Marshall cab. the cab is voiced loose for rectos. If you are looking for a tight focused sound I think there are better cabs and cab has a lot to do with sound, obviously.

I picked up an VHT Ultralead with KT88's though and it sits in the corner. Good Luck. Also you have to know floor models of tube amps may need new power tubes to get the best sound. Every one has been playing them and if used you know it has not been retubed unless it didn't work when they got it.

My advice- Play everything you can get a hold of. The Rivera stuff is pretty sweet though.

Comment

V3 is really kickass.

But our of the Rivera or the Mesa, Get the Rectum-Fryer.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
        X