ZW-44 overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZW-44 overdrive

Anyone got any opinions on them? Plan to use it to push the front into the nutty amounts of gain territory (level high, gain low or off).My Ultra Plus is pretty midrange heavy and I don't want to add more mids. Heard these were voiced somewhat scooped. Already have a EQ in the loop.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

had one a few years ago...great for pushing a tube amp, but sounds like ass in front of a solid state. it should get you to "nutty" amounts iirc.

Comment

I looked at those, but after hearing it reviewed on You Tube, I passed. ProGuitarShop reviewed it on their channel, if you wanna watch the vid.

Here's a link to their page, so you can decide for yourself if you like it or not.
      http://proguitarshop.com/store/effec...verdrive-p-646

Keep in mind, I'm practically deaf, so my opinion isn't even really worth .02 cents!!
      Last edited by kevhogAZ; 05-01-2010, 06:35 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

Comment

I saw that preview. It doesn't show driving a dist. channel, just od on the clean.. I have some time right now, I'll check out some youtube vids.

Comment

ive got one...
          they sound like hell * in a bad way
          in front of an SS but throw it iin front of a tube amo and your good to go

Comment

Maybe the fullbore metal would be a better choice. Good mid tailing as the mid is kind of like an adjustable parametric, plus it has a gate and scoop switch.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The Fullbore sounds pretty sick, but I think the OP wants something to push an already dirty sounds. I may be wrong, but I think the Fullbore in front of a dirty channel will equal really bad noise.

Comment

The ZW is Zakk's, right? Try what he used before his endorsements, Boss SD-1 (yellow pedal). Very good at pushing tube or SS. Very Ibanez Tubescreamer-like.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I've used a TS, seemed to have pretty boosted mids. I heard the SD1 removes quite a bit of bass and was somewhat middy as well. I'm gonna try and find a cheap used ZW and see how it works. Worst case I could sell it off if no good.

Comment

My Ts-9 is super mid heavey as well.
                    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I had one...
                      It's not horrible, but I thought it was a little fizzy and not that transparent.
                      Try a Maxon OD808.
                      I also have an MXR GT-OD. Much better than the Zakk IMO and it's not a mid heavy and tight as some of the others.

Comment

Working...
                      X