Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played a Marshall JVM the other night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played a Marshall JVM the other night...

...and fell in love! Im so used to my Vetta, the Marshall just blew me away. Was a 410H head. The high gain channel was just friggin KILLER. I think I may have to pick one up in place of the Vetta. Anyone have one, tips, suggestions, etc? This will be my first venture into tube amp territory. o_O
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Yes. Get the cars working before buying it

If I were to upgrade the DSL, this would be the amp.

Go get it.

Comment

I have had mine for 2 years and still love it. If you are into heavy tone make sure to get a noise gate if using the od-1 and od-2 . This amp has tones of gain. Sometime less is more keep the gain below 12 oclock. Hard to get it to sound bad easy to dial in. Try some od's such as TS or SD1 in front of it on crunch red or od1 green . Lots of suggested tone settings on the web. Decent master volumes sounds good at all volumes. MrHiwatt
      Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
      RR1 Black
      RR1 Blue ghost flames
      Stealth EX
      Hamer Studio
      Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Awesome amp. I really enjoyed mine. It was replaced by a JMP-1, since I went back to rack stuff.

Comment

The JVM replaced my JMP-1 LMAO
          Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
          RR1 Black
          RR1 Blue ghost flames
          Stealth EX
          Hamer Studio
          Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I just wish the JVM was a bit cheaper. It sounded killer on Megadeth's latest album.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt View Post
              The JVM replaced my JMP-1 LMAO
              Yeah. The JMP-1 has everything the JVM does - just as many (if not more) tones on tap. Ever play one?

Comment

Had the Vodoo mod JMP-1 for 3 years. I change rigs from time to time. They both cover some of the same ground and do something unique to themselves also. All though I have no regrets changing from one to the other. I am also thinking of trying an Engl sometime. In the past I had Marshall 1959, Hiwatt Lead 30, JMP-1 JVM and still have a Line6 SPider III 75 for quick portable rig. MrHiwatt
                Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                RR1 Black
                RR1 Blue ghost flames
                Stealth EX
                Hamer Studio
                Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I traded my JVM, and at the end of the day, ended up with the JMP-1 and an Eleven Rack. Will I miss the JVM? To a degree, yes, but it wasn't the ideal amp for my purposes. A preamp/poweramp setup works much better for my purposes. 100 Watts of tubes wasn't the best choice for a bedroom amp.

On a side note, mine did start throwing powertubes for no particular reason, and these amps haven't had a stellar track record for reliability. They do sound awesome though.

Comment

ENGLs are amazing. My Invader is the best amp I've ever played.

So many sounds, it's amazing.

And the Hi-Gain is just insane!
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

it is a killer amp. its a lil noisy. my ns2 did help, but i got rid of it and got a isp gstring. it got rid of all the noise and didnt mess my tone. od1 i only use the orange mode for solos, od3 red for rhythm(dont turn up the gain past 9:30, too much gain), crunch i'm using in orange for transistional parts(from clean,light dist, to od3). i only use reverb on the clean channel. nothin else is needed in my opinion. what cab are you running? i got a v30 loaded randall straight and i like it alot.

Comment

Great amp with lots of great tones that are all tonally "MARSHALL"!!!! But the clean is also pretty stupendous!!! Yes, I really like this amp, can't ya tell????

Comment

Heh I think ya'll convinced me that I need this amp! Its gonna suck needing to buy some effects again (mainly just chorus and delay) but I NEED that tone!
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

i just wanna add that, before the JVM i had a single rec, dual rec, randall rm, and a few others. the JVM kills em all imo. it doesnt have that super strong bite like my mesa did, but its tonally superior. now i cant say anything about its reliability. maybe pete and a few others have some info on that subject.

Comment

The JVM would be mine if I didn't already have the JSX. It's the only other amp that made me think "thats the shit" and it did it in a different way. Always think of swapping them around but my JSX makes me happy enough. So I'm gonna have to have both eventually!

Comment

Working...
                              X