Finally got my 4x12 back...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my 4x12 back...........

I finally got my V30 loaded 4x12 back and got to run my valveking combo through it. It totally blows away the stock speaker in the combo!!!

I have got to say, for me at least, cause I have in no way tried as much stuff as most of you guys, but for 359.00, and a few preamp tube swaps, this thing sounds as good as my DSL50 did with all the hundreds of dollars of mods I did to it. It's probably just that it sounds so good to me for SO MUCH LESS than I paid for the Marshall. It does have a Differnt sound, but it is better than ANY solid state amp I have tried in the same price range.

It has thick smooth gain, and it reacts differntly based on how hard I hit the strings and reacts to changes with the vol. knob. One thing I do have to say for SURE though, the clean channel on this valve king blows the DSL 50 away!! I have been told that is due to the 6l6 tubes as opposed to the el34s.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

That's nice.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who choose a ValveKing over a DSL.

I'm just not one of them.

Comment

The only thing that would worry me about the VK is that it's made in China and might not be as durable as an amp made in England. I did like the sound when I demoed it in Guitar Center. I liked the Windsor too, but that's a different sound.
      Scott

Comment

Don,

It's us people who are strapped for cash that choose the Valveking

Well, since I had three of them and had problems with the first two, I will totally agree with worrying about the reliability issues
        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

there was a lot of talk about reliability issues with the JCM2000s when they came out as well, although who knows how much was legit or just the internet rumour mill. I remember the same talk about the Carvin Legacy when it was new. You only need a couple of real instances of a faulty switch in that initial batch and before you know it, it's all over the internet that every single one of them is about to burst into flames
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
          X