No announcement yet.

Duncan vs Dimarzio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Full Shred got mentioned earlier by others but to me I couldn't get rid of that pickup fast enough! I bought a Rhoads with a Full Shred in the bridge but it sounded pretty weak, ran onto the same thing with the Pearly Gates too. They both make for a nice neck pickup but I won't use those in the bridge position again.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
      I have tried an Invader in alder and all I got was fuzz.

Not meaty at all.

And I played with the thing, but found no value in it.
      Hmmm. Then I don't know. I put a pair of Invaders in an old Kelly I had and thought they were great, nice and meaty.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the Full Shred in Alder or Ash. I had one in a BAsswood ibanez and is sounded good but there was no clarity but was plenty thick and smooth sounding.
        Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          I had a full shred in a basswood Ibanez RG and it sounded a little 'hollow' in the mids to me but the bass and top were nice and clear.
          Have a super distortion in my basswood Fusion XL, same result
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

:ROTF: horns...
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Oh and (B)asswood to me sounds hollow whatever I do to it. Play it as a guitar, Play it as a drum, Use it as a sound effect, Electrocute it, Light it on fire, throw it out of a speeding truck...

Hell I could almost have Ibanez drums with enough of that asswood!
              I like EL34s.

Comment

I have a Tone zone and a liqifire in the neck of my DK2, The liquifire is similar to the Air Norton, but doesn't sound as muddy.

I have a full shred in a poplar body guitar and it sounds dulle and lifeless comepared to the guitar with the TZ in it.
                Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I can def. vouch for the liquifire. I only played with one in a EB Petrucci for a little while but I thought it was great.

Bit hot for the neck though.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                  X