New old 4X12 cab day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old 4X12 cab day

Landed this 80's Marshall 4X12 cab today for $250.00.
    Original 75 watters still in it.
    Sounds like pure heaven.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

That's a great cab for an even better price! Nice work on getting that one reeled in.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks I had been working on this one for a while.It was on consignment at a local guitar shop and belonged to a friend of mine so we worked out a deal and the store guy got his cut too so a win-win for everybody.

Comment

nice snagg and for great price too. I have one just like it that I bought in 83 or 84
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice. I got a sweet 800 cabinet - a 1960B - years ago for $200 from a couple of fruitcakes that were selling it in CT's Bargain News. It looked like it was just unboxed...immaculate, and LOUD compared to the old greenback cab I also had at the time. I wish I still had it. Enjoy!

Comment

No telling what you might find if you are constantly looking. You got a great deal--enjoy!

Comment

I am looking all the time for great deals.This one fell in my lap so to speak.
              My weekends I spend trolling thru mom and pop music stores,flea mkts and pawn shops

Comment

Might sound weird to most, but I have gotten excellent results from 800 series 4X12's after removing the back cover and running it as an open back cabinet. Airy, full, fat, and aural are the words to describe that tone, at least in my rig. Run two of them together in stereo, one with open back, the other closed, and you will experience luscious tones!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Oooo that is a great idea.I need another old 800 cab then...... so the search continues.

Comment

Great snag on that 800!!, not too big into the 75w Celestions. I own a few 800 cabs with Celestion G12-80's and G12-65's that sound great.
                    Did just score a late`70's basketweve grill Marshall model 1982B cab loaded with the original Blackback Celestion G12H-30 speakers for $570. from a local music store. A kick ass cab in excellent shape for an excellent price!!

Comment

nice score man! that's a killer deal
                      Red JDR-94
                      Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
                      Duncan Invader pickups
                      Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

Working...
                      X