No announcement yet.

How do i run a Pod X3 through my combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i run a Pod X3 through my combo?

I cant find my manual which i think had diagrams on this, but i tried it earlier and is this correct?

PodX3 right output > FX Return
    PodX3 left output > Amp Input
    Guitar > PodX3
    FX Mid 80% (or should it be at 100%?)

I wanna still use the amp models on the Pod just wanna bypass my amp's pre-amp, its a marshall valvestate 65r btw.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

That might work, but that won't bypass your amp's preamp.

Does your amp have a plug labeled "power amp in" in the back? That will bypass the preamp.
    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Can't remember exactly but no it has fx loop n line in I think it is.
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

Run the guitar into the POD's input, then the output of the POD into the amp's effects return.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Run the guitar into the POD's input, then the output of the POD into the amp's effects return.
          I think he is trying to get stereo channels toejam...

I retract my earlier statement, the setup you asked about will allow you to bypass the power amp, because it's equivalent to what toejam suggests - using your amp input without using the FX send output will do nothing - the preamp'd signal coming from the amp in will go nowhere once the FX return is plugged in.

The only way to get a stereo output from your X3 and bypass the preamp is if your amp has a power amp input in the back (it may be labeled line-in) in stereo. Does your amp have 2 speakers? If not this doesn't make any difference, use the mono (left) quarter inch out on the X3 into the FX return as suggested.
          I only need one more guitar.

Comment

unless you have 2 amps or a stereo amp you are going to be stuck with a mono signal.

gtr -> pod -> left out -> fx return.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Ah thanks guys I thought Right was the mono output, when I tried right output to fx return like Toejam said it sounded like shit, but once I plugged the other output into the amps input it got beefy.

Does that mean this is a lost cause?
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Use the mono output (should be left) into effects return. Make sure pods output is set on combo or stack power amp.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                  Ah thanks guys I thought Right was the mono output, when I tried right output to fx return like Toejam said it sounded like shit, but once I plugged the other output into the amps input it got beefy.

Does that mean this is a lost cause?
                  that what is a lost cause? The guys have told you how to hook it up. Follow their instructions and you'll be fine

If you mean that you want to run the effects in stereo, then you'll have to get a second amp
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I DONT WANT STEREO SOUND! as I previously stated I thought the right output WAS THE MONO output.

First time I tried a single output directly into the FX Return and it sounded like arse that's why I asked is it a lost cause in regards to bypassing the pre-amp?
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

If you're just using the effects return, set the mix to 100% loop. The amp might have some sort of switch that requires something to be plugged into the main input. If it still sounds bad, try plugging a cable into it that's not hooked up to anything.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        If you're just using the effects return, set the mix to 100% loop. The amp might have some sort of switch that requires something to be plugged into the main input. If it still sounds bad, try plugging a cable into it that's not hooked up to anything.
                        ah thanks mate , yeah seems it's needs a cable to be plugged in to give it power.
                        USA Jackson RR1
                        Charvel Model 6
                        Jackson Performer-2
                        Orange Dark Terror
                        EVH 5150 LBX
                        Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                          I DONT WANT STEREO SOUND! as I previously stated I thought the right output WAS THE MONO output.

First time I tried a single output directly into the FX Return and it sounded like arse that's why I asked is it a lost cause in regards to bypassing the pre-amp?
                          yea, but you were running the right output into the effects return. A quick google search reveals that the left output is mono. You only use the right if you plan to run it in stereo.

As Forrest said yesterday, by running the right output into the amp's effects return, you are breaking the signal path of the left output that is going into the front of your amp. Because you are not using the amp's effects send, that signal from your amp's preamp has nowhere to go. So all you hear is the right output of your POD through your poweramp.

Plug it in exactly as Dreamland_Rebel told you and you'll be fine
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Finally got some time with my amp last night (I work late) and even with left output into the fx return the speaker sounds really tinny so I plugged a dummy cable into the amp input as someone suggested n it gave it a huge boost n gave power to my sound.

Thanks for help all
                            USA Jackson RR1
                            Charvel Model 6
                            Jackson Performer-2
                            Orange Dark Terror
                            EVH 5150 LBX
                            Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                            X