My Amp Blew Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Amp Blew Up

Hey I ran into a little problem this weekend at a gig, that I was hoping I could maybe get an idea of what may have happened. Anyways I have a Peavey Windsor half stack that I've had for about 3 years now, and during a gig I had this weekend halfway through the set in mid song, my amp cut out completely. So when I go to check it out the power light is out and it smells like burning plastic, so I unplugged the power cord and finished my set with my POD running direct. So now I've got a dead amp that won't turn on at all, and from what I can see their's no visible damage.

But anyways I was just gonna see if anyone here has has something like this happen to them and what it exactly was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It could be anything. Check the fuses, check the tubes, take the amp out of the chassis and look for anything burned.
    Scott

Comment

A Peavey exploded?

Fuck we have a fucking problem!

End of the world right here!

Seriously,a Peavey exploding is like my ass suddenly sprouting wings and flying me into space.

Or according to RobRR's sig, being magically transported to Delaware.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        A Peavey exploded?

Fuck we have a fucking problem!

End of the world right here!

Seriously,a Peavey exploding is like my ass suddenly sprouting wings and flying me into space.

Or according to RobRR's sig, being magically transported to Delaware.
        This thread has been grimmed.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          This thread has been grimmed.
          That it has!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was just going to say..."You're doing it right."
            I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Chinese Peavey's are different.They do that sometime.J/K check the fuse first.Then take it to a tech and see what he says.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

if u take it out of the chassis please dont stick your nubs in there. make sure it is fully discharged. caps could hold deadly voltage for a long time unless they are discharged....

Comment

Had this problem about a month back with a new Peavey. One of the power tubes was going bad after about a month. You can check that by putting in a new fuse and seeing if the amp comes on in standby. Mine came on fine, but as soon as I hit the standby switch, Poof!! it blew.

It would only blow once the tubes heated up in my case. Like if I flipped the standby switch immediately after turing it on, it would't blow for about a minute until the tube heated up. I changed the tubes and now it is fine.
                  Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

i have a triple x that blew up over a year ago. tube blew fuses blew. power comes on but no sound comes out of it. i changed all the fuses and tubes but still no sound at all. its been in my garage since then. eventualy ill get it fixed cause its a nice amp.
                    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

Looks like the newer batch of Peaveys are NOT like the 80'/90's Peaveys!
                      I have a Peavey stereo amp that was made in 89'! Still perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        Looks like the newer batch of Peaveys are NOT like the 80'/90's Peaveys!
                        I have a Peavey stereo amp that was made in 89'! Still perfect
                        That's because Bobby rubs all his amps down with various creams and ointments..to keep 'em healthy, soft and supple!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It puts the lotion on it's tolex, or it gets the hose again!

bufallob1.jpg
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                          X