New Amp Day: Roccaforte Jenelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day: Roccaforte Jenelle

Picked up a new amp this weekend; a Roccaforte Jenelle.

Two channel amp, with 4 EL34 power tubes and 5 ECC83 preamp tubes. Series effect loop, footswitchable between channels.

This is my "holy grail" of high-gain amps. A friend of mine went through a pretty furious "buy/sell/buy/sell" episode a year or two ago in search of the ultimate guitar tone. He went through several Dr. Zs, Fender clones, and other boutique amps before he settled on the Roccaforte Jenelle and a Straub Cantus (our own hippietim used to own a Cantus as well).

At our weekly jam sessions, I immediately gravitated towards the Jenelle. It had a slightly more modern tone than the Straub; a bit tighter, and not quite as creamy.

He recently decided to offload the two-channel Roccaforte in exchange for a single channel model (Custom 80, essentially channel one of the Jenelle). I immediately snatched it up.

There is NO other tone for me when it comes to a distorted amp. I told my wife I never have to buy another amp, unless I start playing blues. She suggested I never start playing blues.

I have to pick up a 4x12 cabinet for it. I am currently playing it through a 2x12 that is normally paired with my Heritage Colonial (a 50 Watt clean amp). I have a Switchbone active ABY selector, so the end game will be Heritage for cleans, switchable to Roccaforte for high gain (or both at once).

Here's a few pics:

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

I like that 2x12, it must have nice bottom end, lots of space in there.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep, closed back, non ported. Nice and tight.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
        There is NO other tone for me when it comes to a distorted amp. I told my wife I never have to buy another amp, unless I start playing blues. She suggested I never start playing blues.

I have to pick up a 4x12 cabinet for it. I am currently playing it through a 2x12 that is normally paired with my Heritage Colonial (a 50 Watt clean amp). I have a Switchbone active ABY selector, so the end game will be Heritage for cleans, switchable to Roccaforte for high gain (or both at once).
        Your wife was ready with a quick answer I see I've used the Radial Engineering Switchbone before, it works great! Congrats on both amps as they are supposed to be good stuff. I never got to play either in person before.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Niiiice equipment. Funny that a few of us guys at work were just now looking up new Rolls Royce and admiring how nice they were and commenting how none of us could ever afford one. When I saw your amps, I had the same feeling. Congrats on your purchase!

Comment

Nice score....congratulations and yeah, grab a 4x12 for it
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I had a Roccaforte HG100...the other half of the Jenelle and it was one killer rock amp. It really did Van Halen I all day long but I soon found that it really wasnt a bedroom amp as it really had to be cooking to sound great (although it did have a great master). Either way enjoy it as Doug really makes one of the best sounding and constructed amps I have ever played.

Comment

Working...
              X