Noise Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Reduction

I have an early 90's Rocktron Guitar Silencer and was wondering if there was anything more recent that people thought was better.

Is it a rack unit?
    I have the hush option on one rocktron rack unit and its great.The other has a threshold control that does pretty much the same thing.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i use the HUSH super C in my rack and LOVE it. it is easy to use and works wonders with my hi-gain sounds, even when using P90's or standard single coils.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Is it a rack unit?
        I have the hush option on one rocktron rack unit and its great.The other has a threshold control that does pretty much the same thing.
        Yes, it's a rack unit and Hush--but not super C. I'll have to read up on the differences. Thanks guys.

Comment

I don't know how yer set for FX, but the G Major has one of the best, if not THE best Noise reduction I've ever used. It tames my Uberschall, with the gain 100% maxed (LOTS OF HISS) !!! But it allows me stand right next to the amp at band levels and not a peep! Great for palm muting, and it's really tweakable, and transparent!

outstanding, afforable units IMO!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Look no further....

Elevate your performance with ISP Technologies' cutting-edge Pro Audio gear, including the groundbreaking Decimator guitar pedal, speakers, amplifiers, and effect processors. Experience unmatched sound clarity and control for musicians and sound engineers worldwide.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I have an ISP Decimator pedal and it is quite good at stopping feedback and hiss. I wish it had better hum elimination ability too, it's my only complaint about it.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

g-string will get the hum too or the pro-g. tho in a rack my superC was great

Comment

Lots of great products to read about. I'll check all this stuff out over the next week or so.

Comment

I have a Guitar Silencer as well, which I bought off a JCFer many years ago. One side isn't working anymore, but I only need one of the two for the rig I use it in. For my home studio rack, I use a Rocktron HUSH IICX, which I think does a *slightly* better job than the Guitar Silencer. It can be set up to run one channel between guitar and amp, and another in the effects loop, which would probably get you the most noise reduction overall. I don't use it in that capacity however, as I have an A/B setup with two preamps sharing one power amp, so each preamp has its own HUSH channel.

A lot of people speak highly of the ISP gear, but I can't justify the price when perfectly good Rocktron units cost half as much, and sometimes quite a bit less.
                    sigpic

Comment

i totally agree. i wouldnt own a gstring if i wasnt able to get it at 100 bucks. the rocktron/hush stuff would be second, then like someone else said, using the gmajor would be great cause its got a great noise gate.

Comment

the decimator is a great pedal, ive been using them for the past 6 years.

Comment

What does the "G-string" do versus the standard unit?

Comment

The G string eliminates noise in front of the amp plus in the loop. The noise reduction section for the loop follows the input signal as well so it kind of keeps things extra quiet and remains very touch responsive. For my needs the regular one is fine but if I was gigging in any way I would probably get the g-string.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thank you...more than likely, I will get the g-string

Comment

Working...
                              X