Vht 50/50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vht 50/50

Opinions on the VHT 50/50 rack power amps please.
    Saw one online for $700 ish.
    Pros? cons?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Great amp, one of the best in its category. Many will say 'is the best'. I'm personally not aware of any cons.

I used it in the past. Not sure why I sold it. If it came my way at a good price I'd pick it up again.

Comment

Note clarity is so focused...it will magnify your every mistake! So practice, and it will make you a better player.
      Cant be sloppy with a VHT.."Fryette"...i mean, not the current asian company assholes! Buy an older VHT from
      2008 or before, so its the "Real Deal"!

Comment

Thanks for the info.Need to check on the amp a little closer.Found a boogie 2:90 just a little higher price wise not much tho'.

Comment

sure, boogie is more power. Otherwise the VHT for me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
            sure, boogie is more power. Otherwise the VHT for me personally.
            Thanks for your insight akoch yeah I'm not needing all that much power and 50/50 will work just fine.
            Waiting to hear back from the guy as to mfg date.

Comment

I've had one for almost 3 years and I freakin' love it. I tried it based on reviews and reputation and, as soon as I did, I no longer felt the guilt of not using a Marshall 9100 (nice poweramp on it's own) with my JMP-1.
              My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
              Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

I picked up a VHT 2:50:2 a couple years ago as a back up for my Mesa 2:90 and to use in smaller situations. Honestly if I had bought the VHT first I may never have bought the Mesa. Don't get me wrong, I love that Mesa & wouldn't give it up but the VHT slams. That VHT has plenty of headroom & with the way you can tweak it you can really dial it in for just about any room. Typically I run it with two Mesa 1x12 cabs loaded with Vintage 30s and it crushes. Very warm and articulate & no issues. The guy I bought it from ran it & a VHT 2:90:2 for years without any problems. I think you will be very pleased with it!

Comment

Working...
                X