Wireless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless!

Ok, talk me out of this or let me know what should I get... I'm dying to buy a wireless sytem.

I've checked a few on the internet... Price goes from cheap to ultra expensive. Some are UHF others are digital... I dig the "pedal" format of some units out there.

My goal: not wanted to kill my singer because he's jumping on my guitar cable!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I've heard very good things about the Line 6 wireless.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

If you're willing to be the guinne pig you can look into these...

I've bought a bunch of Biyang pedals from this store and no matter what anyone says about the "cheap" chinese pedals, I will continue to get them because they sound great.

The seller is quick to answer questions about his products, but as to returns if shit isn't up to par...haven't had to deal with it because I've liked everything I've bought from hm so far.

Ask him some questions about it, he was really quick to respond to all mine, and you might just get what you need for a great price.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The old X2 and new line-6 stuff is suppossed to be the cats ass for wireless. That's not from experience however, just from talking to people that have used various standard stuff.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          The old X2 and new line-6 stuff is suppossed to be the cats ass for wireless. That's not from experience however, just from talking to people that have used various standard stuff.
          I bought an X2 off jdr94 here and love it. I believe he missed it so much he went and bought another

Doesn't have a huge range but the only time I've had it drop out is when I have wandered to the back of a hall during sound check. Otherwise, had no problems on stage. The receiver sits on my pedalboard so as long as I can see my board, I'm golden.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I've used the Sennheiser EW172 G2 for several years and it works great. There is a newer G3 version out now.

Comment

I have the X2, Rack mount for about a year to replace my D2000 which is now just collecting dust. I really never had a any operational issue with each system. The D2000 had a level boost which added a little gain.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Reason for a lot of cheap UHF wireless units on E-Bay is that after 6/12/10 they will be illegal for use in the USA if they are operating in the 700 Megahertz range. What they're not telling you in the ad is that after that date the FCC has taken that band for other uses and no longer open for the public. From what I've been told it will also be illegal to sell units operating in that range after that date in the USA as well. So basically after 6/12/10 if you have a UHF wireless operating in that range you have a paper weight. So either buy a VHF, or a UHF operating in another range than 700ish.
                BTW, so far I find a good high end cable to be better than wireless units as far as tone goes anyway. I never tried the really high end wireless units costing $1500+ but the lower end stuff had a noticeable difference going live through my Bogner amps so I abandoned them.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks guys! Some places are blowing the Line X2 units... But I'm a bit concerned by that specification on the floor model: "X2 XDS95 offers a wide frequency response of 10 Hz – 12 kHz for thunderous lows and crystal-clear highs rivaling those of high-quality audio cables."

12 kHz as the max frequency... With high gain amps... Is it me or this is a bit too low???
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

I have one of the X2 units. No issues with it, and it sounds great. Noticeably better than my old Nady, that colored the sound quite a bit. As for 12kHz being too low, a quick check of the Celestion site shows their speakers to have a frequency response of 80Hz to 5kHz. I would think 12kHz should be plenty high.

Pat

Comment

Thanks Pat... I should have done that research myself!!! (facepalm)

But at first I was quite surprised by that fact in their spec sheet as most other manufacturers claim about very wide frequency range on their units.
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

I had an X2 also and its a great unit if you can score one cheap go for it. I wish I still had mine but I had an issue w/it so I sent it in under warranty to Musicians Friend and since they couldnt repair it they are giving me a credit instead of a new unit since they no longer have them in stock . I miss it alot, it worked great and its small and compact and its pretty durable. If you do get one I suggest picking up the 9v power supply and the better cable if you can get one, the one they give you is an el'cheapo and will wear out quick if you use it often, hell if you get it maybe I will sell you mine since I dont seem to have a need for them anymore of course it will depend what I end up getting again .

Comment

Line6 just came out with an update to their wireless product called Relay g30,g60, and g90. I am really curious about them.

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            I've heard very good things about the Line 6 wireless.
                            I've been using a Line 6 wireless that I borrowed from a friend for a couple of big shows and I can tell you I'm not impressed at all. The sound reproduction is good, but it seems to be more of a line of sight type signal because if you move around, it drops out completely.. I guess it'd be ok if you stay pretty much in one place, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless doesn't it?
                            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Robert,

Which model you using?

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X