BBE Sonic Maximizer 322 vs. Rocktron Exciter/Imager/Hush II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE Sonic Maximizer 322 vs. Rocktron Exciter/Imager/Hush II

hey guys i ended up with both units for really cheap, so i'm just trying to see if anyone has used both or not and what you liked/didn't like. maybe i'll try to get some back to back sound clips
    Red JDR-94
    Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
    Duncan Invader pickups
    Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

I used a BBE For years, and while I loved the over all sound it gave, I hated the fact that it seemed to cut off the sustain a bit when playing leads.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

i actually turned both on at the same time last night and it was very Dimebagish. they both do about the same thing in different ways, i need to get it out of my 13x13ft (roughly) living room and open it up a bit. i love the fullness if brings to the sound at lower levels.
      Red JDR-94
      Duncan Invader pickups
      Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

I'm actually falling out of love with the BBE in my setup. I find when I set the lo contour control to where it gives me the bass response I want (11-12 o'clock) that my pick attack created audible "whumps" in the sound, even when I'm not digging in.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

yeah i've never used my bbe contour over 9 o'clock. tried to give it more in the post eq just before the bbe with a scoop and used my pre eq with a slight mid boost. it actually gave me cut while the post kinda gave it a scooped tone blended way better than just a single eq.
          i've never used the rocktron, but i've read mixed reviews on it. its always compared to the bbe

Comment

the rocktron is a little different.....if i use them together it gets very dimebag sounding. i'm going to play around with it more as i can. the nice thing about the rocktron is the noise gate, but i'm not sure if i'm going to keep it or get a boss ns-2 or maybe even a mxr smart gate
            Red JDR-94
            Duncan Invader pickups

Comment

I tried both at different times during the early 90's. Definitely a good investment...

Comment

Working...
              X