My pedal board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pedal board

So for ages I got away with using just a midi pedal & a wah. But then I decided I really wanted a distortion box to kick the frontend of my preamp... then I decided I really could use an in-line tuner. So even though my rig is still mostly MIDI based, a pedalboard started looking more and more appealing.

Nothing fancy, but it does the job. Vox V847 (w/ true bypass mod) -> Boss Tu-3 tuner -> V-Stack Tweedy, + Rocktron MidiXChange midi controller for patch switching.

This all feeds into a relatively portable MIDI controllable rack setup: Rocktron Piranha Pre -> Rocktron XPression -> Mesa 20/20 power amp.

nice and simple. I always like pics of people's pedalboards. I'm not familiar with the V-Stack Tweedy - what's it do/how's it sound?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The Tweedy is supposed to emulate a Tweed amp, but it really sounds nothing like one! It's basically a high gain distortion pedal, not at all Tubescreamer like. Very dirty / grungy, but gets a huge variety of tones depending on how you dial it in. I like to kick it in to get a warm super saturated lead .....

Comment

That pedal board looks naked. You need more pedals.

I just dumped all my single pedals for an M13. I got one big pedal now.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The M13 does look cool! And yeah, it does look bare doesn't it? I admit it is aggravating my GAS a bit...

Comment

I rebuilt my board last night after the new power supply arrived from ebay. I had picked up some better quality patch cords at the guitar show on the w/e to replace the cheapo molded plastic ones so it was timely to redo the whole thing. All the outlets on the power supply are being used now but I keep looking at all the space on the board and thinking I should fill it up.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Simple, easy and neat..I like that!

You should see Uli Roth's pedal board..and he uses ALL of them...WTF???
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X