Vetta II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta II

Just curious.. anybody still using the infamous Vetta II ??

I think the Axe-Fx kicked its ass to the POD/J-station/Modeller graveyard lol
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I never really liked it in the first place. I did however like my old PODXT live through a peavey classic power amp for my old cover band. Line 6 should put that technology (or that of the Vetta) and run that through a tube power section instead of using the spider series preamp like in the valve series.

Comment

I do!!! For what it is and when it was made, it's outstanding. Stop comparing it to something with new processors and processing power - compare it to anything that was available when it first came out. And I still use my tube amps too!!!

Comment

Good to hear it Pete!! I might pick another one up one of these days. I am looking to possibly start another off the wall band project that will demand I have a ton of off the wall sounds and tones on the fly. My band Fools Faith is concentrating on writing and recording. We are going to take a break from playing live except for festivals so I might get rid of the RM100 and go to a Vetta for my new project in the works. If I could have both I certainly would. The RM100 is crazy good. Problem is... money. Don't have any.

Comment

Yep, still playing one. I like the versatility and it sounds good enough for me. Did anyone here ever hear the Hughes and Kettner Zenterra? I still think it was the best SS amp I have ever heard. Couldn't find one when I was amp shopping. I can totally see why the Vetta II never took off, the Line 6 name is frowned upon by a lot of players, and the build quality is a little suspect for something that costs so much. Here is a pic of mine, notice the infamous missing handle (bought it that way lol).

Comment

Steps to getting past your problem!

1) Save up $
              2) Purchase ENGL Invader 100
              3) Purchase cab if need
              4) Enjoy having absolutely no amp-GAS!
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Vetta II? I'm still gigging my Vetta I combo! Sure, it's updated to the 2's software, but much uglier than the 2.

Comment

To Grim i say...

#1...save up $'s
                  #2 For a Fractal Axefx Ultra!
                  #3... purchase cab if needed...
                  #4 Enjoy having absolutely NO gas for ANYTHING tone related ever again! :-))

Comment

I'm still playing a Vetta I and love it.
                    For the $500 bucks I paid for my head, IT CAN NOT BE BEAT for versatility.

My next eventual purchase will more than likely be a Axe-Fx, but it'll be a while.
                    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I have nothing to add here... except to HeWhoIs - Strongbad kicks ass!!!
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

In my right mind I just can't switch to a rack unit.

Im keeping my tubes, thanks

the Invader is the tube amp version of the Axe-FX
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

How old is the Vetta II? It will be interesting to see what Line 6 comes up with to replace it.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I spent a lot of time with the Invader 100 and although it was a good sounding amp, it really didn't move me. IMO it lacks it's own distictive voice as opposed to the Savage which brings something new to the tone party. I see where you're coming from in comparing it to a modeller though as it does manage to cop both Marshall and Mesa tones pretty well...not something commonly accomplished with one amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                              How old is the Vetta II? It will be interesting to see what Line 6 comes up with to replace it.
                              It doesn't look like Line 6 will be heading in that direction. I hope I'm wrong, but they are very satisfied with their pods, spiders and spider valves right now, which is their main money makers, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X