Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on the Decimator

Comment

I think the decimator is the best on the market atm. more expensive but it just works.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

the show last night went well. the music is "eclectic" but has some rockin' leads to it. that is what the singer/keyboardist was looking for . i used the mkv all by itself. barely a sound check....cleans we're pretty good. o/d was very nice. used channel 3 sans solo switch, just had the level a little higher. it's nice to run through a pa. lol, i think the volume on the amp was on like 1.5 to 2...the p.a. took care of the rest. i just bought a ce-3 and a dd-2 mij. debating on an sd-1 for ch2 but turning on two things from clean is a pita and back to clean. we'll see. i love this amp! a decimator is next. thanks for the tips/suggestions guys.

Comment

I recently joined the Mark V camp and love it. I did have to spend a few hours tweaking (especially channel 2) but am very happy with the results. Only con...the thing weighs a ton!!!!

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Another new MKV owner? cooolness. Mine is taking a beating...being dragged to my singer/keyboardists house lots...gigged a few times with it. Am definitely increasing chances of getting a hernia lifting this sucker but it's been great! No complaints.

My DD-3 in front(totally clueless on how to run the loop) sounds horrible when the o/d is used but it is perfect clean. I was supposed to get together with JGCABLE but apparently neither of us has time!(Common scenario). I'd buy the MKV again. I bought a cheap TS-9 to try in front of CH-2...it's just a little short for me. CH-3 is very nice.

Comment

I'm wondering - can you get near to Petrucci's sound with Mk V and a Charvel San Dimas/So Cal?

Comment

Originally posted by mraus View Post
                I'm wondering - can you get near to Petrucci's sound with Mk V and a Charvel San Dimas/So Cal?
                Petrucci has had a bunch of sounds over the years. Which album are you thinking of?
                Scott

Comment

Ah, sorry, when saying "Petrucci's sound" I have Train of Thought on my mind, my fav album

But... don't you think that in these newer albums (past Metropolis Pt. 2) he sounds similar?

Comment

Originally posted by mraus View Post
                    Ah, sorry, when saying "Petrucci's sound" I have Train of Thought on my mind, my fav album

But... don't you think that in these newer albums (past Metropolis Pt. 2) he sounds similar?
                    Maybe style wise...I'm pretty sure he used the Road King on Train of Thought, but since Octavarium he's gone back to the Mark IV/Triaxis setup that he's used since Images & Words (my favorite album). You could try out a plain Dual Rectifier and see if you like it. The Road King is basically a dual rec on steroids.
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X