Building a rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a rack?

Hey guys, I've started the process of putting together my first rack. I recently bought a Marshall EL 84 20/20 anda Boss SX 700 with the rack-case for $100, so now I'm on the lookout for a decent preamp..
    I'd just like to ask if anybody has any tips on what is useable, and what to avoid..I see the JMP-1 and Ada MP-1 gets great reviews and these look like great value for the price..
    I'm planning on running this rack through a 2x12, and for mostly for practicing at home..

Any ideas are welcome!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

I'd take a look at the JMP-1s, ADAs, Rocktron Prophecy's, , VHT Rack unit, AxeFX... whichever sounds good in your opinion. It is all very subjective, you will get a whole spectrum of opinions, and you still need to find what works for you.

I'd personally avoid Line6, Roland/Boss VG-99, GT6/8/10... lost of similar (oh, and I do have most of those myself )

Comment

The Boss GT8 gets decent reviews for home use, from what I've seen here, even from those who swear the only amp worth having is all tube and 100w.

Don't overlook older Digitech racks like the Legend. You can get good useable tones from them.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just buy and Axe-FX and be done with it. You won't need anything else after that.

Comment

Too bad you didn't put this up a couple days ago. I just sold a JMP-1.

Take a look at the Digitech GSP-1101, Soldano SP-77, Eleven Rack, Pod Pro, Rocktron Prophecy, and some others I can't think of... Oh, and the AxeFx.

Comment

You may also want to consider the Engl 530 preamp. I've got one along with an MP-1 and a JMP-1, and I prefer the 530, and it's about the same price used as the others.

Comment

Those Engl preamps are REALLY nice

Comment

MortenP, there are several used 530s for sale in Denmark at the moment at good prices. I'm fairly certain you could get them to ship to Norway if there aren't any for sale up there. Send me a PM if you want me to send you some links.

Comment

Working...
                X