Marshall jvm410h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall jvm410h

Anybody got one? Or has had some good amount of time playing one? I am a 5150 guy and I love it! but, I heard that this Marshall is soposed to be like marshall's go to amp(speaking in modern terms) shoud I sell my 5150 to fund this amp? Or will I be diapointed?
    Last edited by djford; 07-08-2010, 10:23 PM. Reason: Left somthin out
    2009 black sl1 usa
    fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
    Burgundy mist model 3
    black model 1 emg
    black model 3 h/s/s
    2005 pointy charvel
    2009 black rr1

the clean is awesome. od2 is practically too much gain. i havent pushed mine past 9:30 in red mode. mainly using od1 in or/red and clean. i didnt really like the 5150 so take that into consideration.

Comment

Ever consider trying one out and letting your own ears make the decision? Just a thought

Comment

Great amp - 4 channels, 3 modes per channel, awesome cleans, awesome lo/mid/high gains, individual verb per channel and 2 volumes with everything footswitchable. This is the only amp I bought in the last 5 years that I have never, ever thought or selling. Can you tell I like this amp? But like Rupe says, go somewhere an try it yourself. Plus you don't have to play very loud to feel the magic as the master works as it should.

Comment

i'd also like to add that i have never sold a cheaper head for a more expensive head and been disappointed. a 5150 sells for $600 max used and a jvm sells for about 1400 max used. basically you're gonna need to sell more than your 5150 if you dont have a good chunk of change sitting around.
          i had a peavey vtm60,maceVT then a crate bv120, [eavey 5150, to a mesa single rec, to a randall rm100, back to mesa dual rec, and now have the jvm. the only other amp i'd want is a mesa triple rec maybe a splawn.

Comment

Got one. Play the hell out of it, no problems so far, however the effects loop sucks. Other than that great tone, way better than Mesa IMO. Much cleaner and tighter sound. I play a 08 LP Standard n a Jackson KV2 through it. No problems with the foot switch as I have had in the past with JCM 2000. Clean is very warm, however as listed above on over drive with red light selected can't take gain past 12 or 3 o'clock cause it's way too much. No diode clipping all power so it has some hissing at high gain levels, but if you got good pickups you can go with less gain n still get some really good bite with the gain. I love it, but I also want a Mesa Roadking. It has a digital reverb not a long pan. It's almost not there at all but very suttle. If you like alot a reverb you may need a pedal.

Comment

Working...
            X