No announcement yet.

Amp Suggestions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the bedroom I would go with a modeler also. I have a vox and a line 6 and they are both great for that purpose. If you gotta have the tubes you can also find some good laney combos in your price range.

Comment

Krank Rev Jr?

or the Blackstar...

If u want a solid state amp, get a Cube 80x... I have one and for the $300 I paid for it, ya can't beat it.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

how about a line 6 spider valve hered their awsum amps for the bedroom and gigging

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Those two don't go together. My 4W Vox head gets loud enough that being in the same room as it hurts my ears.
          Fine screw the not so loud bit, I've heard valves and I've heard solid states, Valves just sound so much better.
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Flextone, Vetta, or a Pod/power amp set up. I'm a bedroom stadium rocker as well and a preamp/SS power amp setup have always worked best for me. I'm using an Eleven Rack and a Pod X3 and running them through a Rocktron Velocity power amp. Awesome bedroom setup.

Comment

Valves only sound good when you're pushing them. Unless you're in a situation where you can turn it up, forget about them. You'll only wind up disappointed.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Valves only sound good when you're pushing them. Unless you're in a situation where you can turn it up, forget about them. You'll only wind up disappointed.
                +1

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                Fine screw the not so loud bit, I've heard valves and I've heard solid states, Valves just sound so much better.
                not if you're only turning up to 1. Or less...
                Hail yesterday

Comment

New Engl Gigmaster 15 is worth checking out. Available as combo or head.

Comment

Working...
                  X