routing a signal thru amp and FX loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• routing a signal thru amp and FX loop

I'm messing with my current rig of a Mesa Dual Recti Roadster, with a Boss ME 50 for the gain, noise suppression, tuning and sometimes, a little flange or phase. Occasionally, I add a little tonal coloring but prefer the amp's natural settings. I run a Morley Bad Horsie wah in front of the ME 50 and a Boss DD6 delay thru the amp's FX loop. I have heard that you want to keep whatever OD/gain out in front of the preamp to avoid feedback at higher volumes. But the ME 50's digital delay, flange and phase sound crappy when put out in front and if I move the ME 50 to the FX Loop, the distortion sounds like shit.

I've experimented with different OD stomp units out in front: Boss Metal Zone, DS1's, etc. but they all sound shitty as well.

Need some advice here. Anyone got some suggestions on how to get a decent sound using the FX Loop and an OD unit and wah out front? Is it better to run the flange, phase and delay thru the loop and keep the OD and Wah out front?

Originally posted by vector View Post
    Is it better to run the flange, phase and delay thru the loop and keep the OD and Wah out front?
    Yes.

Comment

Phaser in front doesn't sound half bad

Also: what's wrong with the M/B's own overdrive?
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        Phaser in front doesn't sound half bad

Also: what's wrong with the M/B's own overdrive?
        Not a damned thing wrong with the Roaster's overdrive- I'd prefer it, actually, but when you crank up the master volume, the feedback starts. I've tried rolling back the pre-gain when the volume goes up but it ain't the same.

Comment

Working...
        X