Ibanez Steve Vai dual distortion pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Steve Vai dual distortion pedal

Has anyone here played with the newer distortion/overdrive dual pedal Ibanez built for Steve Vai, I think it's called the Jem? I'm wanting to get a different overdrive pedal I have an Ibanez ts-9 and it sounds terrible through my setup, have been basically using it as a volume boost for leads. But wanting to add a few different sounds to my pedal array.Thanks in advance for any input.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Have not used it, but listened to several user clips on youtube...most of the reviews I've read don't appear too impressive. I think it's basically an Ibby TS9 and Boss DS1.

The Vox Satchurator and new Ice 9 (both Satriani sigs) are similar 2-in-1 setups as is the MXR CAE MC402. There are others too, more in the pricey boutique range depending upon what you want to spend.

Exactly what "different" sounds are you looking to get? What amp do you play through? What kind of music? etc.

Comment

I play a wide range of new and old rock/metal. I'm using a Sovtek Mig100 through a 4x12 cabinet I have the MXR full bore metal pedal which is an awesome pedal, but the Ibanez ts-9 pedal sounds so thin compared to even the clean sound of the amp that its not to much of an impressive pedal I'm only using it for a little boost when I do any lead work with the distortion pedal. I'm wanting some options when playing live with a different distortion to switch back and forth between.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Gotcha...the TS9 is basically meant to give a little push to an already distorted/overdriven tube amp...I think you want a "lighter" distortion pedal (in comparison to the Fullbore) rather than an overdrive pedal, no?

I've honestly not tried too many distortion pedals as of late...I typically use my amp's gain and throw in an overdrive. One pedal I do like that will get you a little bit of both is the T-Rex MAB Overdrive/Distortion.

Comment

Went and bought a Metal Muff with top boost. It will work.

Comment

Gratz...glad you were able to find something that works for you...sorry I couldn't be of much help

Comment

No problem, it was appreciated. Have a good one.

Comment

The MXR is already not working, the Metal Muff, that I gave a friend of mine is going to crap too. Got a Visual Souns Jeckyll and Hyde. It seems to be working for now. Got a Boss Power Stack the other day and I guess it just doesn't work with my setup because anything past using it as an overdrive pedal it sounds terribly buzzy and either thin or muddy,no middle ground. But at $100 bucks who cares.

Comment

The power stack is kind of an amp modeler in a pedal. I believe it's essentially meant to be used on a clean channel.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X