Nad, JVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nad, JVM

I just got a great deal on a new JVM 210H 100 watt. I've been using a 2203 since 91' with various snot pedals and recently I got an Egnater 4100 for a cover band I'm doing on the side. The Egnater was great but died just before a gig in May and it's still in the shop! Frustrated, I started looking for a Marshall and found this JVM. I love this amp! I like the fact that is has too much gain, right around 1 o'clock in the 'orange' mode is a great heavy tone and I switch to 'red' for leads. There are so many tones in this amp, it's a great fit for the cover band. The bottom is tight and the distortion is all Marshall, reverb ain't bad in mine. The programable footswitch is just awesome but the best feature for me is the 2 master volumes, genius. Aside from 6 available tones, you have the second master to set another volume for any mode your in. Very happy and back with Marshall, shouldn't have strayed.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Congratulations and thanks for the review.

Comment

Congrats on the JVM - I really love my 410H. Enjoy it!!!

Comment

I love my 410H. Just biased it this morning. Set both sides to 84mv so the distortion is cooking
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I believe Mustaine used a JVM on the latest Megadeth album. I just wish it was cheaper!
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            I believe Mustaine used a JVM on the latest Megadeth album. I just wish it was cheaper!
            I think he also used the Randy Rhoads model too
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I really wonder what Marshall will bring out next to replace the JVM. They'd have to bring out something completely over the top because it'd be very hard to improve or build upon the JVM's features.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Congrats on an awesome amp. I really dug my 210.

Comment

Thanks, I'm still diggin' it. It really has too much gain (which I like), the more I back it off the tighter it gets. I like to add a tad of pedal overdrive with the gain at 12 on the 'orange' channel. Really veristile in the cover band and fun to play, plus I got it new for 999
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Cracking deal!

I just retubed my TSL 100 and have fallen in love again, the Marshall distortion tone is just great IMO. I tried a few JVM's and loved the sound, but got quite annoyed at the guitar shops that kept stocking broken ones and refused to lower the price so I could get them repaired, hence I stcuk with the TSL.

Comment

Sweet amp, my good friend in LA has access to every amp out there and he keeps going back to his TSL. Like most Marshalls it's hit or miss, he found a real good one. Sounds like you have a good one too.

Comment

I cant wait to get a 410h, the clean is a step back for Marshall, but the lead channel is smokin. Definently prefer the clean of my TSL. That new lead channel though, almost wet myself. Kudos Marshall. It would be a real nice addition to the 900 and the TSL.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

i loved my jvm, but wish it had more usable gain. nice and crunchy. sold it to go back to mesa, but then i ended up sellin the mesa. lol. i think i woulda loved the 210 since i really only used green and red with the 2 vol settings for solo.

Comment

i wouldn't mind having one. i tried used a TSL the other day when i was trying out 4x12 cabs and really liked it. there is a used one by me for $799...is that a decent price for a used TSL with the switch?
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              i wouldn't mind having one. i tried used a TSL the other day when i was trying out 4x12 cabs and really liked it. there is a used one by me for $799...is that a decent price for a used TSL with the switch?
                              It sounds good, but I think I've seen one cheaper at GC. I'll try to find it for you next week.

I'm still in love with my Orange Crush DSL100. If I were to move up, maybe a 410H would be in order, but I've been perfectly happy and haven't felt the need to move up.

Comment

Working...
                              X