Crate GT3500H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GT3500H?

i got a buddy who is letting me borrow this head and its pretty awesome and i am shocked on the tone for being a non-tube. he said i can pick it up for about $90 from him. should i pull the trigger on this deal?

Hell I bought mine for 400 over 5 years ago. I love my GT3500H! I mostly play through effects pedal and use my amps for a clean channel so I don't desire all them fancy gain & shape tones.

Gopher it! If you don't like it, sell it to me!
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

almost any amp for 90 is a deal. the shockwave is a nice amp.....for a solid state amp. its a great amp for the money. i paid 300 for one years ago. i say get it, if you dont like it, off it for more and start a tube amp budget.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
        almost any amp for 90 is a deal. the shockwave is a nice amp.....for a solid state amp. its a great amp for the money. i paid 300 for one years ago. i say get it, if you dont like it, off it for more and start a tube amp budget.
        Yeah, just don't try selling it here for more after saying you got it for $90! Everyone will want the "bro deal" or give you shit for "flipping it". Crates DO sell for stupid cheap though, so don't think you're gonna make a mint flipping it. I see GX-1200s sell for $50-$60 on Ebay, pretty cheap for a 100-watt 3-channel head.

So sure, pull the trigger. Because just about the time you decide you can "borrow" it forever is when someone will buy it out from under you, and you'll never find the same deal again!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Absolutely go for it, it sounds good to you now and when you want to upgrade someday it will be a great backup.

Comment

Working...
          X