No announcement yet.

My Green Fortin Meathead is HERE! NAD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Green Fortin Meathead is HERE! NAD!!

Hey JCmotherFers

I have not posted in a while but here the fuck I am! and here is the amp I've been waiting on for a long ass time!

In week since I've gotten this amp I've managed to utilize the majority of the functions on this amp, and KEYrist! let me tell you, it's a fuckin masterpiece!. I've never been happy 100% with an amp there has always been something and I know I could have bout 3 amps for the price this one costs, but then why the hell would I want to lug all that shit to a show and the headaches with phase issues and blah blah blah!~

This is the real motherfucker for me! holy shit! I can't say enough good shit about how Mike builds these amps, I saw the whole process and I can't imagine a more robust and well built amp, I just can't! I've owned alot of them!

Anyhow dudes this thing rips. and Hopefully I'll be finished my rig soon, new case coming soon along with some other goodies!

I worked hard for this and wait long and this is it! fuckin AWESOME!

C
    OLD CITIES BURN's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Congrats! For what you paid for it you should be happy. Looks like you already have some serious gear to go along with it. Enjoy!

Comment

Christ, I thought my ENGLs were expensive.

I'm interested in hearing a NATAS though.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Mike hooked me up!

And his wife makes a killer hamburger!

It's the best amp I could possibly own.

Some recent amps owned prior to this

Rivera K-tre, Diamond Spec op, Bogner Uberschall, Engl Powerball, Diezel Herbert all which were killer amazing amps, but all lacked something for me, this has ALL of it!

Thanks Mike!

C

Comment

that thing looks awesome

Comment

sweet score and it looks awesome in green with the Splawn cab too...congratulations
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

It does look amazing.

Regarding burgers, you will have to head down to Cincinnati and go to the bar in the Cincinnatian Hotel. IIRC the bar is called The Cricket lounge. Best burger I've ever had.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Thanks guys!

It's an incredible amp! I can't say enough good about the amp and Mike!

Grim

When I was at Mike's picking my amp up, I got a chance to play the Natas and it's incredible! I like my Meathead more though, but have an order in for a Natas now LOL

C

Comment

Grats man! I know you've been waiting a long time for that bad boy. It looks killer. We do however need a "This thread is useless without sound clips." smilie.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks awesome and the 6 channels has a Spinal Tap-ish feel.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

I have two questions

what power tubes did you get in it?

Also the thing I always find with multi channel amps is the each channel is really just a varied amount of the gain of the same amp sound. What are the characteristics of eac channel. I listen to the clips and 4, 5 and 6 sound pretty much the same-

Comment

I hear they sound amazing. So many fucking...... knobs

my head esploded!
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

LRGman

I got a mix of 6550s and EL34s, I tried several combinations of tubes with Mike when I went to pickup the amp, and this was the best combo!

As for the channels, I find them to be all very different, It's hard to describe, they are not just clones of eachother, and you can make them all drastically different depending on how you set the voicing switches the boosts and the bright switches. It's a really amazing sounding amp! And the changes Mike made to my version is even more varied than the stock Meathead!

C

Comment

did I count 6 channels? That thing looks awesome!

Comment

Yeah man! 6 channels!

It's really 3 seperate EQ's for the 6 channels but inside each volume and gain there are so many tone options it gets silly!

But you just find the sounds you like and set it and forget it! It's a great recording tool as well since I can coax a lot of different tones out of it!

It's the best amp for ME!

Thanks guys!

C

Comment

Working...
                              X